Recipe for White Pie

About 10 or so years ago Mr Food had a recipe for a white pie. Mostly egg whites, I believe, but it was so good that we called it Angel Food. I have lost the recipe. It is not on his site and can't find it by searching. Anyone know what this pie is? Anyone have a recipe for something similar?

Graycrab from Monticello, MN

Recipe for White Pie

I am not sure on the recipe but why couldn't you write to him and see if he will send you the recipe (01/09/2008)

By cindy34

Recipe for White Pie

Does this help? (01/11/2008)

By ImTrish

Recipe for White Pie

At a site called all recipes I found a recipe for a Christmas white pie. (01/11/2008)

By Tina

Recipe for White Pie

Thanks to both of you. I did write to Mr Foods and waiting to see if I get an answer. The White pie recipe is not the same as it was baked in the crust which was Mr Foods "My Own Pie Crust". I am going to try it though as it does sounds good.

Pie crust recipe is still on his site on his site and it is very good, very easy one as it is pat in the pan that taste somewhat like a flaky shortbread. I use the pie crust for most every kind of pie I make in place of graham cracker.

Thanks again. (01/11/2008)

By lavonneann

Recipe for White Pie

• 2 Tbsp. flour
  • 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 dash salt
  • 4 egg whites
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • 2 tsp.white vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. almond extract
  • 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
  • 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
  • 2 Tbsp. ground almonds

In a saucepan cook flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt,egg whites and milk until bubbling, stirring constantly; continue to cook and stir another 3 minutes.

Remove from heat and add butter, white vanilla and almond extract, stir.

P>Lay plastic wrap on pudding surface and allow to cool; pour into cool pie shell and chill, again covering surface with plastic wrap.

When ready to serve, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with ground almonds.

By dwmoar

White Pie
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
pecan pie
Freezing Pecan Pie
Canning Pie Filling, Cherry Pie
Canning Pie Filling