White Pie Recipe

Category Pies
Delicious cream pie.
This no bake pie contains whipped egg whites, mixed with a thicken filling of flour, milk, sugar, butter, and more in a baked pie shell. This page contains a white pie recipe.

This is an unusual pie recipe that was given to my Mother years ago and I still make it. It is always enjoyed and loved by everyone! It is easy to make because most of the items are readily available.

Directions:

Mix flour and 3/4 cup sugar. Add milk, oleo, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and salt. Cook until thick. Cool. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Fold into cooled mixture. Pour into baked crust. Chill. Top with whipped topping and chopped nuts.

Make chocolate pie by adding 2 Tbsp. cocoa to sugar and flour.

Servings: 8
Time:25 Minutes Preparation Time
8 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: This recipe came from my minister's wife years ago when I was young. It was given to my mother and our whole family has went by the recipe for years. I made it for my children when they were young and still at home. Since that time, I have read online about the recipe originating from a small restaurant in southern Illinois called Burton's Cafe. I am not sure where it originates from, but it sure is good! For those of you who are not familiar or are too young for the term (haha),"oleo" is just butter or margarine. I hope many of you will try it. It's a great recipe and very cost cutting to make.

By Kathy from Mt. Vernon, IL

About 10 or so years ago Mr Food had a recipe for a white pie. Mostly egg whites, I believe, but it was so good that we called it Angel Food. I have lost the recipe. It is not on his site and can't find it by searching. Anyone know what this pie is? Anyone have a recipe for something similar?

Graycrab from Monticello, MN

Answer:

Recipe for White Pie

In a saucepan cook flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt,egg whites and milk until bubbling, stirring constantly; continue to cook and stir another 3 minutes.

Remove from heat and add butter, white vanilla and almond extract, stir.

P>Lay plastic wrap on pudding surface and allow to cool; pour into cool pie shell and chill, again covering surface with plastic wrap.

When ready to serve, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with ground almonds.

(01/11/2008)

By dwmoar