Recipes To Use Pantry Items

After being trapped at my camper for a week while my car was in the shop, I've decided to really stock up the pantry. Does anyone have recipes for meals, snacks or desserts that can be made totally (or mostly) from the pantry with shelf stable ingredients?

Ray from Cleveland, OH

Answers:

Recipes To Use Pantry Items

I always go to this website: allrecipes.com Under the search area, you can customize it by looking for certain recipes with what you do have in your pantry.

Worth a try. (07/21/2008)

By mobo

Recipes To Use Pantry Items

cookingbynumbers.com I use this site a lot when I get stumped and do not want to go to the store. (07/21/2008)

By postaldoris

Recipes To Use Pantry Items

This is one of the best pastry recipes I use and even when you aren't forced to use pantry items, bake these up. They will impress your friends when you need to take something to a bakesale.

Almond Puff Pastry

Pastry:

• 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 Tablespoon cold water

Filling:

• 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 Tablespoon almond extract
  • 3 eggs

Frosting:

• 3 Tablespoons melted butter
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon milk

Pastry: Cut butter into flour; sprinkle cold water and mix until it forms a ball. Separate in half and press out two 2 x 12-inch strips on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.

Filling: Boil together water and butter. Remove from heat. Add almond extract and stir in flour. Beat eggs in one at a time. Place batter over crust. Fold pastries over lengthwise and seal edges with water.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.

Frosting: Combine ingredients and spread over pastry. (07/21/2008)

By Lady BE

Recipes To Use Pantry Items

I frequently made Pantry Soup and still do occasionally. (I am 66). Use any canned vegetables you like, except beets. Drain the vegetables, so you don't have the extra salt, etc. Add a splash of oil to give the soup a stocky look, add several beef or chicken bullion cubes for meat flavor. Use tomato soup or sauce or paste for the tomato flavor. I put in a can or two of diced or stewed tomatoes, break up the stewed tomatoes.

You can add fresh vegetables if you want, potatoes, carrots, or onion, or stick to all canned. Use whatever seasonings you want, my granddaughter, age 12, goes through the spice drawer to see how many different ones she can find to put in. I haven't really said what exactly vegetables to add because that depends on what you like and what you have on hand. I like to put sauerkraut in mine. How many cans you use depends, again, on what you have and how much you want to make. Let it all simmer to meld the flavors. (07/21/2008)

By Linda

Recipes To Use Pantry Items

I bought the book "Not Just Beans". You can find it on the Living on a Dime website. It's full of the type of recipes you are looking for and has tons of tips in it. (07/21/2008)

By Sharon Y.

Recipes To Use Pantry Items

I found a wealth of info with not only pantry-stable food items to stock up on, but also recipes using them! Check out:

busycooks.about.com (07/22/2008)

By sigma28

A fully stocked pantry lined with half full jars.
Cooking From the Pantry
Cans of Food in a Pantry
Organizing Your Pantry
Preventing Pantry Pests
Preventing Pantry Pests
Stocking a Basic Pantry
Stocking a Basic Pantry
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎉
🎄