Recipes Using Canned Pie Filling
Pie filling can make a quick pie and used as a sweet filling for other desserts. This page contains recipes using canned pie filling
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 box vanilla pudding
Mix apple pie filling, brown sugar, vanilla, pecans, and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix pudding as directed on box. Place 1/4 of the pie filling mixture in each pie crust. Add 1/2 pudding over pie filling, and top with the remainder of the pie filling. Place pies in the refrigerator for thirty minutes. Enjoy!
By David from Wichita, KS
October 29, 20100 found this helpful
Do you use Instant Vanilla Pudding or the regular Cook and Serve kind? Thanks in advance!
- 1 can fruit pie filling
- 1 box cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup water
Preheat oven to temperature stated on cake mix box. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Mix pie filling with water, then spread over bottom of pan. Spinkle dry cake mix evenly over pie filling. I use a spatula to smooth it out evenly.
Melt the butter and 1/3 cup water in the in the microwave. Pour over the dry cake mix. It isn't necessary that all the cake mix be dampened. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Two combinations thay my family likes are cherry pie filling with chocolate cake mix, and apple or peach with yellow cake mix.
Source: A friend's dump cake recipe.
By Jean from Buffalo, NY
I love sticky buns and love apple pie. The combination in this easy recipe is awesome.
- 2 (8 ct.) cans buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 (21 oz.) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Spray a large bundt pan with non-stick spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour sugar into small bowl. Mix in cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt butter then pour a small amount into the bundt pan. Spread 1/2 the chopped pecans in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Open the cans of biscuits. You will only use 13. Taking one biscuit at a time, cut open each biscuit, but not all the way through the biscuit. Carefully stretch dough to make small pocket and then insert 1 tsp. apple pie filling (try not to use much of the thick juice). Press the edges together with fork tines to seal.
- Brush both sides of sealed biscuit with butter then dip in the sugar/cinnamon mixture coating entire biscuit. Stand biscuit in bundt pan on its side, cut side up. Repeat with remaining biscuits, creating a circle around the bundt pan.
- With leftover apple pie filling, put a sliced apple between each biscuit. Place the remaining apples pieces around the side of the pan.
- Pour remaining butter and thick juice from apples over the biscuits and then sprinkle any remaining sugar/cinnamon mixture and then pecans on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until biscuits are puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and turn cake out from bundt pan onto cake plate.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Source: This is a variation of my Monkey Bread recipe except that I stuffed the biscuits with apple pie filling. This recipe can also be made using other canned pie fillings such as peach.
By Bayliner from White Marsh, MD
December 13, 20040 found this helpful
Add sugar and flavoring to creamed cheese and beat until smooth and fluffy. Fold creamed cheese mixture into the whipped cream carefully.Read More...
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
February 5, 20150 found this helpful
I opened a 21 oz can of peach pie filling by mistake to make an ambrosia fruit salad. I put the opened canned peaches in a plastic container. It has been in the refridgerator about 2-3 weeks. Is it still safe to use? I would like to bake a cake or pie with it.
By M . A .