Grandma's Amish Sugar Cream Pie Recipe
This sweet creamy custard style pie is easy to make and will surely become a favorite. This page contains Amish sugar cream pie recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
October 9, 2012
This pie is full of sweet, creamy, custardy, yummy goodness! I love it because I have been enjoying it since I was a kid. It's always been a staple for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 9 inch lightly baked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In medium saucepan combine salt, sugar, and half and half. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- In another saucepan combine brown sugar and corn starch.
- Gradually whisk in hot half and half mixture. Add butter.
- Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until boiling and thickened.
- Simmer 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into lightly baked pie crust and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Pie will thicken as it cools.
- Keep and serve cold.
By Shawna G. from Ann Arbor, MI
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.