Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
This sweet, delicious spread combines peanut butter and marshmallow creme with sugar or corn syrup. It is traditionally served in Amish and Mennonite communities and is excellent on bread or as fruit dip. This is a guide about Amish peanut butter church spread.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
October 13, 20127 found this helpful
This tasty sweet treat is great spread on warmed biscuits or on sweet crackers such as grahams, as a dip for fresh fruit, and to use as an ice cream topping.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. maple flavoring, or more to taste
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- Combine brown sugar, water, corn syrup, and maple flavoring in a small saucepan over medium high heat and bring to a boil while whisking constantly; remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl; add the peanut butter and marshmallow creme and mix on "blend" speed until combined, then on "whip" speed until it is fluffy.
- Store refrigerated in a glass jar with well fitting lid.
By Ann from Richland, WA
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
June 18, 20130 found this helpful
I would like to make some Amish church spread up ahead to give as gifts later on. Can this be sealed (like jelly) in a hot water bath like about 10 minutes?
By ConnieAnswer this Question...