Recipes Using English Muffins

These muffins are not only good for breakfast and can be used in a variety of ways. This guide contains recipes using English muffins.

Recipe Using English Muffins
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 10, 2011 Flag

All I can say is, "Delish!"

• 1 (5 oz.) can albacore tuna in water, drained
  • 2 English muffins, split
  • 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise, or more to taste
  • 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp. celery, finely chopped
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 very thin slices tomato
  • 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

Preheat broiler.

Lightly toast the muffins on both sides.

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Top the muffin halves equally with the tuna mixture and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Swiss cheese. Top each with a tomato slice, then sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese. Broil until cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 2, 2011 Flag
Finished McMuffin on a plate.This is much like the McDonald's sandwich, but you don't have to go through the drive thru. Just fix it in your microwave with the help of the toaster in less than 5 minutes. Fast, healthy breakfast for the kids before they rush off to school.

• whole grain English muffin
  • one large egg
  • 1 slice of American or Velveeta cheese
  • 1 slice precooked Canadian bacon (optional)

Directions:

Use a small glass bowl with straight sides that is just a bit larger than the muffin. I use a ramekin. Slice the muffin and place it in the toaster. Don't turn it on quite yet. Grease the bowl with a little olive or canola oil. Break the egg into the bowl and whisk it as you would to scramble it. Add salt and pepper to taste, and pour it into the bowl.

Push the muffin down into the toaster and place the egg in the microwave and set the timer for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, unwrap the cheese slice, and fold each corner in toward the center. When the microwave stops, pop up the muffin if it has not popped up yet. Remove the egg from the bowl with a spoon and place on half the muffin.

If you are using the Canadian bacon place it on top of the egg, and top it off with the folded cheese slice. Place this back in the microwave for about 15 seconds to "soften" the cheese. If you melt the cheese if will make a messy sandwich. Remove from the microwave and place the other half of the muffin on top. Enjoy!

English muffin, cheese folded, and egg in ramekin.

Servings: 1
Prep Time: about 4 minutes
Cooking Time: about a minute

Source: I like Egg McMuffins, and McDonald's is 5 miles away, so I just made my own version. Very healthy with the whole grain for fiber, the protein in the egg, and the calcium in the cheese slice.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

September 24, 2010 Flag

Anybody have a good recipe for something to do with stale English muffins (besides pizza)? I just found a whole un-opened bag that got shoved behind the cereal. They aren't bad, just dry. I was thinking maybe something like a bread pudding or strata-type casserole that my teenage boys would eat.
Thanks!

By Judy from Tulsa, OK

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Toast them and put them in the food processor and make bread crumbs. If you don't have a processor you can use a grater.

Make croutons with them.

Anna Olsen had a show where she used the stale english muffins and slices of ham in a dish, made a strata. you can improvise as I don't have the exact recipe.

They could also be used in breakfast casseroles with sausage, eggs and cheese that are easy and great tasting.

March 11, 2009 Flag

Ingredients

• 3 English muffins
  • soft butter
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 1 large tomato
  • 6 slices American cheese

Directions

Set oven control at broil and/or 550 degrees F. Cut English muffins into halves and spread cut sides with butter. Cut bacon slices in halves. Place muffin halves and bacon slices on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops of muffins 3 inches from heat until bacon is light brown, about 2 minutes. Remove muffins and turn bacon over. Broil bacon 1 minute longer. Top each muffin half with 1 slice tomato, 2 pieces bacon and 1 slices cheese. Return muffins to broiler for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. Serves 6.

By Robin from Washington, IA

November 28, 2007 Flag

Mix at least 2 hours ahead of time. Spread on English Muffins. Broil. Can be eaten whole or can also be cut into small pieces as an appetizer.

August 3, 2009 Flag

A great way to save money on ordering pizzas! We make pita pizzas, either whole wheat or white pitas work great (mini or regular), either tomato sauce and/or pizza sauce works fine, whatever cheese you like and, of course, any toppings. It works great for a quick lunch of a personal pizza.

By Meg from Westboylston, MA

Answers:

Personal Pita Pizzas

That's a good idea. I will try it sometime. When I was a kid my Mom would make quick pizzas using split English muffins in the toaster oven. (02/03/2009)

By OliveOyl

Personal Pita Pizzas

I use a Taco Shell for the crust and add some spaghetti sauce, toppings I have on hand, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese. Am low carb diet and these keep me within my daily allotment of carbs! (02/04/2009)

By JoanDogs

RE: Personal Pita Pizzas

Personal Pita Pizzas

My family and I love using bagels to make pizza bagels.

We use plain bagels, spaghetti sauce (Prego), and shredded cheese. Then we put it in the toaster oven to melt the cheese and heat up the bread and sauce and that's it. It's fantastic and quick. (02/05/2009)

By Peechee

August 3, 2009 Flag

Pizza Pizza Pizza! Kids love pizza, I couldn't afford to buy pizza for my kids growing up as much as they would eat it so I would make them mini pizzas with their favorite toppings, which was pepperoni and cheese, with these ingredients.

Ingredients

• 1-2 refrigerated biscuits (Aldi's for $.39 ea)
  • 1 can tomato sauce (Aldi's for $.49)
  • use seasonings Italian seasoning,garlic, onion powder to give flavor)
  • 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese (Aldi's $2.69)
  • 1 package pepperoni (Aldi's $1.99)

Directions

Take biscuits out of container, grease cookie sheet and spread biscuits out with your fingers as much as you can. Take seasoned sauce, spread with spoon on biscuit and top with 3-4 pieces of pepperoni and top with cheese. Bake in oven about 10-15 minutes (depending on oven) or until cheese is melted and golden brown.

My kids ate as soon as they came out of the oven

So for less than $10 you have a meal and a lot of pizza your kids can enjoy! Kids can also create there own mini pizza's watching them make is just as good as eating them...Have fun!

Source: Years ago (like over 20) I made these in Home Ec class in High School and made em ever since then and I share this creative idea with my friends one who specially that ran a daycare great for her lunch program and the kids loved them.

By Debbie from Petersburg,Illinois

Answers:

Mini Pizzas

I make these all the time for the kids and they love them, but I use biscuit dough and that turns out very good. (06/21/2007)

By bambi2003

Mini Pizzas

You can also use small soft taco shells for kids. They love them. (06/22/2007)

By christine L

Mini Pizzas

I make a pizza burger that is always a hit with my kids and their friends.

• 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 jar of Ragu pizza sauce or your favorite brand.
  • Hamburger buns - halved
  • shredded pizza cheese
Brown hamburger, drain any grease, add in pizza sauce and heat through. Line a cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place hamburger buns face up and put a heaping of the pizza/meat sauce. Top with shredded cheese.
Place in 375 degree F oven for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.

Enjoy! (08/14/2008)

By crazylena

Mini Pizzas

I use English muffins - just split in half and add pizza/tomato paste. Top with cheese and then whatever other toppings and cover with more cheese. I often make these in the mornings for the kids to take to school. By wrapping them in all in foil. They are still warm at morning recess. (08/14/2008)

By raewyn

Mini Pizzas

If you have the flaky type biscuits, you can divide them into two or even three biscuits, the flaky layers just peel apart for more biscuits! When I make "pizza biscuits" this is what I do. (08/15/2008)

By Mary Moo

Mini Pizzas

I do something similar, but I used hot dog or hogie buns. They are a great shape for holding one end and eating the other. I knew a gal in Fairbanks, AK who had a booth at the fair, and she couldn't keep them going long enough to make any ahead!! You can also use seasoned chicken like BBQ, fajita, or ranch, and add artichoke hearts, fresh spinach, and mushrooms like the big boys do, it's yummmmmy (08/17/2008)

By Poor But Proud

Mini Pizzas

I have been doing this for some time...using the cheap canned biscuits for pizza crusts. I roll them with a rolling pin though, instead of using fingers...you get a thinner and more even crust. Then I pre-baked them for 3 min. They will puff slightly but you just press them down when you take them out of the oven. I bake up 2-4 cans at a time...cool them before storing in a ziplock bag in the fridge. Great for an even quicker pizza treat...just add the toppings to however many crusts you want and pop them into the oven to heat through and finish baking the crust. (08/25/2008)

By marinewife5

August 3, 2009 Flag

Here is a favorite kid-friendly recipe that not only has my daughter always loved, but my siblings and I begged for as children as well!

August 3, 2009 Flag

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Brown onion and hamburger; drain grease. Add pizza sauce and cook until thick.

May 14, 2009 Flag

Tonight, as I drove home from work, I called my kids, who agreed pizza (homemade) would be a good supper.

Food and Recipes Recipes SandwichesNovember 28, 2012
Two English Bulldogs, one sitting one laying down.
English Bulldog Breed Information and Photos
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Ivy Leaf
Growing English Ivy
English Ivy on Brick Wall
Getting Rid of English Ivy
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 12:04:17 PM on 10.0.0.23 in 657 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.