Recipes Using Leftover Pasta

There are ways to use up leftover cooked pasta in delicious meals. This page contains recipes using leftover pasta.

Pasta salad made with leftover past.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

When I make something with pasta, I always have some uncooked pasta in boxes left over. Now I have about 3 boxes of different kinds of uncooked pasta that just have a little left in each of them (less than half the box). I have some lasagna, fettuccine, elbows, etc. Different lengths and sizes. Could someone please suggest a way for me to use up these extra amounts of pasta rather than throwing them out? Thanks in advance for your clever replies!

Jennifer from Buffalo, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

We've got a restaurant in our area called Nothing But Noodles. All of their dishes have noodles of some sort. In most of the pasta dishes you will find all different types and shapes. It makes it interesting, so use them all together!

Read More Answers...

Pasta salad with veggies is quick and easy, if you think leftovers. During the summer months, I try to keep a container of cooked rotini noodles in the freezer. If I find I have small amounts of cooked vegetables, such as broccoli, grilled zucchini, carrots, etc. I put the frozen cooked pasta in a colander and run cold water over it until defrosted (takes less than 30 seconds).

Next, dump in a bowl the pasta, the veggies and bottled Italian salad dressing (your preference on how much), mix and refrigerate. If I have sliced black olives to use up, in they go, too; same for chopped onion and diced tomatoes that need used up. I refrigerate several hours before serving, mixing occasionally. I am adventurous with the veggies I try, and so far, haven't found a combination or medley that I didn't like.

By Ronsan from Southwest Missouri

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Heat skillet, dice tomato and mix with macaroni and cheese. Place in frying pan and cook until brown on both sides.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceApril 24, 2013
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
cooked pasta
Using a Ron Popeil Pasta Maker
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 5, 2016 at 11:08:43 PM on 10.0.1.216 in 273 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.