Recipes Using Leftover Pasta

There are ways to use up leftover cooked pasta in delicious meals. This page contains recipes using leftover pasta.

February 24, 2009 Flag

When I make something with pasta, I always have some uncooked pasta in boxes left over. Now I have about 3 boxes of different kinds of uncooked pasta that just have a little left in each of them (less than half the box). I have some lasagna, fettuccine, elbows, etc. Different lengths and sizes. Could someone please suggest a way for me to use up these extra amounts of pasta rather than throwing them out? Thanks in advance for your clever replies!

Jennifer from Buffalo, NY

Why not break it all into different size pieces and use it in a casserole, using pasta sauce and spices and maybe add some ground beef. Top with cheese and bake it a while and presto all the pasta is used up and a dinner is made. Hope this helps.

Once you've cooked all of the pasta, try stirring in some olive oil. That way you can keep it in your refrigertor for days and have it handy for any recipe since it won't stick. You can throw it in soups, toss with herbs and parmesan cheese, etc. Also, if you steam some frozen vegetables and mix in spicy cheese sauce (like Tostitos salsa con queso), it's wonderful!

Try breaking your pasta into similar sizes and toss into your favorite rice mix 7-9 min. before rice is done. Adds flavor, shape variety and good taste!

June 15, 2006 Flag

Pasta salad with veggies is quick and easy, if you think leftovers. During the summer months, I try to keep a container of cooked rotini noodles in the freezer. If I find I have small amounts of cooked vegetables, such as broccoli, grilled zucchini, carrots, etc. I put the frozen cooked pasta in a colander and run cold water over it until defrosted (takes less than 30 seconds).

Next, dump in a bowl the pasta, the veggies and bottled Italian salad dressing (your preference on how much), mix and refrigerate. If I have sliced black olives to use up, in they go, too; same for chopped onion and diced tomatoes that need used up. I refrigerate several hours before serving, mixing occasionally. I am adventurous with the veggies I try, and so far, haven't found a combination or medley that I didn't like.

By Ronsan from Southwest Missouri

I save leftover pasta in the freezer, too but instead of a salad, I thaw, add veggies (again leftovers) a little butter, milk and parmesan cheese. Heat thru and serve. Makes a great side dish.

May 8, 2008 Flag

Heat skillet, dice tomato and mix with macaroni and cheese. Place in frying pan and cook until brown on both sides.

Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceApril 24, 2013
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
cooked pasta
Using a Ron Popeil Pasta Maker
🎄