Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Recipes Using Leftover Pasta

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Pasta salad made with leftover past.

There are ways to use up leftover cooked pasta in delicious meals. This page contains recipes using leftover pasta.

Solutions: Recipes Using Leftover Pasta

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Surprise Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Ingredients

• leftover macaroni and cheese
  • 1 tomato
  • oil to coat frying pan

Directions

Heat skillet, dice tomato and mix with macaroni and cheese. Place in frying pan and cook until brown on both sides.

Economical because you used leftovers and the kids will love it as much as a cheese sandwich.

By Debra from Hampton

Tip: Pasta Salad from Leftovers

Pasta salad with veggies is quick and easy, if you think leftovers. During the summer months, I try to keep a container of cooked rotini noodles in the freezer. If I find I have small amounts of cooked vegetables, such as broccoli, grilled zucchini, carrots, etc. I put the frozen cooked pasta in a colander and run cold water over it until defrosted (takes less than 30 seconds).

Next, dump in a bowl the pasta, the veggies and bottled Italian salad dressing (your preference on how much), mix and refrigerate. If I have sliced black olives to use up, in they go, too; same for chopped onion and diced tomatoes that need used up. I refrigerate several hours before serving, mixing occasionally. I am adventurous with the veggies I try, and so far, haven't found a combination or medley that I didn't like.

By Ronsan from Southwest Missouri

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Recipes Using Leftover Pasta.

Question: Using Leftover Uncooked Pasta

When I make something with pasta, I always have some uncooked pasta in boxes left over. Now I have about 3 boxes of different kinds of uncooked pasta that just have a little left in each of them (less than half the box). I have some lasagna, fettuccine, elbows, etc. Different lengths and sizes. Could someone please suggest a way for me to use up these extra amounts of pasta rather than throwing them out? Thanks in advance for your clever replies!

Jennifer from Buffalo, NY

Most Recent Answer

By Beth [25]03/10/2009

We've got a restaurant in our area called Nothing But Noodles. All of their dishes have noodles of some sort. In most of the pasta dishes you will find all different types and shapes. It makes it interesting, so use them all together!