Recommendations for a Pet Safe Weed Killer

What can I use to kill weeds that is not poisonous to my dogs? I am afraid if I use commercial weed killers they might lick their paws and ingest some. Thanks.

Hardiness Zone: 8b

By Kathy from Seattle, WA

Answers:

Vinegar, very effective weed killer. (06/09/2010)

By iamjrac

OR boiling water straight off the burner. (06/09/2010)

By iamjrac

Vinegar. Another way is to cut the plant weed just before it flowers to make seed. It may grow some but does not have time to mature before season ends, therefore it dies naturally. Roundup is out of the question. It kills your frogs. It causes genetic defects. Read up on Monsanto and the evils in GMOs and what they are doing to the world. It'll knock your socks off. Read about how ground is poisoned for like growing strawberries. Read about fruits being raised with antifreeze. Anyway, vinegar is good. (06/12/2010)

By muttmom

Vinegar, that is what I have used for years. In tender areas, you can mix it with water in a sprayer and do a couple applications. You can take it in a squeeze bottle (to manage easier) and gently squeeze on to the area. The boiling water is ok if you are careful not to get burned, and you then have to run back and forth to the house to keep pots boiling as you do your yard, which makes it not as easy. (06/12/2010)

By TandT Grandma

Rabbit in Grass With Dandelions
Animal Safe Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
Homemade Weed Killer Recipes
screenshot of Image's website
Image Weed Killer Reviews
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Ants on the wall of a house.
Homemade Ant Killer Recipes
🎄