Image Weed Killer Reviews

Category Lawn & Garden
When removing weeds you want to make sure the product you use is safe and effective. This guide contains Image weed killer reviews.

Has anyone tried Image weed killer? If so would you recommend it?

Cathy

Answers

By bill pulk (Guest Post)

i have been trying to write the co. and tell them their product does nothing except makes the florida type weeds grow. (

By R. J. Nettles (Guest Post)

I tried the product on a St. Augustine lawn in Houston Texas area. It seemed to have absolutly no weed kill effect. Like the Florida poster, it seems like it may have actually fed the weeds.

By (Guest Post)

I live north of Atlanta, Georgia. Sure works on the weeds we have here! I love it!

By Hawaii gardener (Guest Post)

Image is a very specific weed killer that is best used on sedge type (specific grassy type) weeds only. It works by being absorbed into the plant and speeding its photosynthesizing process so much that it causes death. It ONLY works on these sedge type plants, otherwise it is merely a fertilizer.

By KSR (Guest Post)

I am in Houston too and although, Image seems to have turned and possibly killed my regular grass, the weeds I bought it for are thriving! One of them is the nut grass. The picture of nut grass is on the bottle and specifically mentioned as one of the grasses that Image will kill.

I must have special nut grass, cause it is still right there and as green as ever. Don't know if I cannot understand directions or what.

By Pigzainkowskie (Guest Post)

Can Image be used on this weed? What are the directions?

By chester (Guest Post)

I'm glad I heard others have not had luck with image. I live in Orlando, FL and it seems to do nothing but waste my money. I've heard others say it really works. I've tried many things to kill weeds. I'm beginning to think the only way to get past weeds is to crowd them out. What I'm trying now is to take my lawn piece by piece and fertilize every couple of weeks and water a lot to get it real healthy. Then go to another piece of lawn. I'm hand watering because I've noticed that if I flood an area with water almost every day it does get lush. Using sprinklers just doesn't do this for some reason.

By R. Spencer (Guest Post)

I live in North ATL GA. and used it on specific weed areas, didn't kill the weeds, but did a number on the grass.

My lawn has blonde highlights now. Thanks Image

By DM Gunter (Guest Post)

I live in SC . Sure works on the weeds I have! I like it

By DM Gunter (Guest Post)

By J Miller (Guest Post)

I purchased the weed killer for St. Augustine grass to control dollar weeds. I have tried many types of weed killers and this one has worked the best.

By (Guest Post)

Image targets grass-type weeds but will not harm ornamental plants. Poast (if you can find it) does the same more efficiently.

By Pat (Guest Post)

I lost the directions on the back of the bottle and I don't know how much to use. I live in VA and hope it works on my St Augustine and in my flower garden for nutsedge. Can anyone give me the amount I need to mix. Thanks

Editor's Note: Here's a link with all of the labels of their Image products: http://www.amdr  mage/labels.html

By Rich (Guest Post)

I've use Image on my St Augustine grass for the past two years and it does nothing. The weed seem to thrive on it.

By Raymond O. (Guest Post)

I just went to a local garden center and purchased Image for Poa. The told me that I need to cut the weeds for better absorption and to used it @3 times at 14 day intervals. Maybe this will work - Roundup didn't.

I live in Dallas Texas and have just used Image this past month and am thrilled with the results. Follow instructions and I think you will be happy. Product is pricy but it works.

Killed my St. Augustine, but the weeds are back strong. I had Floratam variety of St. Augustine. Some weeds (especially the one where the little seeds stick to everything) they appeared to die, but killed my grass, and they came back in the same spot with a vengeance.

How long after I apply Image lawn weed killer is it safe to let my dog on my grass?

Answers

Here is their data sheet. I would wait at least 24 hours.

images.homedepot-static.com/.../8c0bb5a4-55ea-4624-a557-d0cd0d61a239...

Generally depending on the weather / day and how quickly it's dried..., but as a precaution best to wait at least 24 hours.

What is the amount to use for 1 gallon of water?

By David

Answers

Read. The. Label.

Every chemical concentrate for gardening comes with a label-if yours is gone and so you do not have instructions for proper application mix, dispose of the chemical in a safe way-don't just pour it down the drain. Contact your local environmental services or cooperative extension service to find out where and how to safely dispose of unwanted garden chemical.

Please be careful! You have no idea how much damage improperly applied chemical can do to your garden, your pets and children, and the pollinator insects like bees and the good ladybugs.

One I use Imagine for killing lawn weeds then how soon can I sod or seed my lawn?

By Linda from Ft Worth, TX

How many hours or days before one would see results after using Image Weed product for Centipede and St. Augustine grass? I applied last week and the same weed seems to be doing just fine, unfortunately. The active ingredient is atrazine or atranex which is a hit or miss depending on where the technical was manufactured and batching.

By Flint

Is there a temperature above which Image grass and weed killer should not be used?

By Ray Ray Beasley from Greenville, MS