Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas

Category Party Themes
Having a theme for a birthday party makes it easy to plan the rest of the party. This is a guide about red carpet themed birthday party ideas.

I always see people asking for ideas for a girls birthday party. I saw this on a TV show though I can't remember which one.

They held a "red carpet" event for a birthday party. All the little girls dressed up in their best glamour out fits and walked the red carpet while the paparazzi took their pictures. They were dropped off and this was their entrance into the party.

I would think that once inside you could pass appetizers and have sparkling grape juice in cocktail glasses and then proceed into the regular birthday party games, cake and fun.

At the end of the party each child would get a print of their picture that was taken on the red carpet as part of their goody bag.

By lostinthe from Missouri

No offense intended, but I think there's something inappropriate about this kind of party theme for little girls.

Dressing up for a princess theme party, maybe, because that's all make-believe. But "glamour" outfits, red carpet, paparazzi, and serving fake "drinks" just seems creepy.

I don't think imitating the self-absorbed celebrity crowd is very healthy for kids, especially when so many of those celebrities are pretty lousy role models.

Anonymous

So sorry, but I concur with mirador and especially about the self-absorbed lousy role model celebrities (of which dozens and dozens of examples are flooding my mind at this very moment) because children try to emulate those people including their bad behavior :-(

And as far as glamourizing with fake drinks go, well, you might as well give them fake cigarettes to practice with, too :-(

In somewhat of agreement on not going with the paparazzi theme and the glamor of it all, but this theme could still be excellent with a twist, you could do the Cruise Party.

Every one who enters is coming up the gang plank and as they enter they get their picture taken by the Ships photographer, give it a kind of nautical look for the party and the kids can have a lot of fun. If you have a pool it would be the pool party deck etc..

Or you can go with the Royal Palace theme, that all are invited to the palace and again the Royal photographer is there, and you can do a tea party for little ones and embellish more so with the older ones. Maybe dress up and etc.

I think it is a good idea without the promoting of glitz and stars there is enough of that on TV and magazines already. But I like the premise and I think it would be fun for kids and mixed teens if done right. It is all supposed to be great fun and that's the whole point of a party.