Red Kool Aid on Carpet

How do you get red Kool Aid out of carpet? It is on beige carpet, I have tried everything to clean it up.

By christyhill1 from Corbin, KY

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

• Club soda, pour on the stain, leave 5 minutes. Blot with a folded cloth. Repeat until the stain is gone.

• White vinegar, same process as club soda.

• Vinegar and baking soda, pour vinegar on the stain. Sprinkle on the baking soda. It will foam like mad, once it has stopped foaming, leave for 5 -10 minutes, blot with folded cloth. Pour on plain water to "rinse" the area, again blot with folded cloth until barely damp, allow to dry and vacuum.
I hope one of these works for you.

Hedera (06/18/2009)

By hedera

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

Research how to remove or neutralize food coloring, i.e. food dyes. (06/27/2009)

By Carly34

Red Kool Aid on Carpet

My son spilled red Kool Aid on the light beige carpet in my brand new car. It was right on the hump that sticks up on the back seat floor, so I had no way to cover it up. I wanted to cry every time I got in. I tried all kinds of stain removers, carpet cleaners, etc. Then I thought to go online. Thank you all who posted about the hot water, Dawn, and steam iron. It came out almost instantly. Thanks again (07/09/2009)

By rlw1

Photo of a kool-aid stain on carpet.
Cleaning Kool-Aid Stains from Carpet
Recipes Using Kool-Aid
Using Kool-Aid to Color Hair
Using Kool-Aid to Color Hair
Kool-Aid Punch
Kool-Aid Punch Recipes
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet