Refurbishing Candles

Candles, candles, candles! I use candles for ambiance every holiday. I recycle my old candles by cutting the worn out crooked tops with a hot knife that I held over the stove. The hot knife slides easily into the candle allowing me to cut a smooth edge on the top of the candle. I finish by tying a ribbon around the candle either around the top, bottom, or middle depending on the size of the candle.

By Beachers from West Covina, CA

Answers:

Refurbishing Candles

My aunt used to make her candles last a lot longer by 'folding in' the outer wall of wax while it is warm and soft. The folded in wax melts as the candle burns - extending the life of the candle. (10/06/2008)

By Barb. - Ohio

Refurbishing Candles

Take the old wax from your favorite candles and make new ones to keep that scent going. Purchase wicks at the craft store and keep the little containers you have from all those burned out candles. Just melt the old wax in a can or container of choice on heat of choice. I use a soup can on my electric stove on low. Pour the melted was into the container with a new wick. You can even add more scent to make a new one of your own. Keep that wax recycled until you wear it out ;) (10/06/2008)

By Kitty

Refurbishing Candles

The folding in the top of warm candles is great, my sister-in-law kept a huge 3 wick candle going until it was 1/4 inch high. To restore luster to candles rub vigorously with old panty hose, turn hose often. (04/30/2010)

By kelreg

Pile of unused candles showing wear
Refurbishing Old Candles
Patio Umbrella
Refurbishing a Faded Patio Umbrella
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
Staining Table
Refurbishing Furniture
🎉
🎄