Refurbishing Old Candles

Old well loved or stored candles may need a bit of a face lift before their next appearance. This is a page about refurbishing old candles.

If you have warped candles, dunk them in a pan of warm water to make them pliable enough to bend back straight.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

How do you refurbish candles?

By Kiki

Answers

Melt them down in a double boiler. Get two cooking pans, one smaller and one larger. Fill the larger about halfway with water and heat. Meanwhile, put your burned down or used candle wax in the smaller pan and set in the water of the larger pan. That makes a double boiler.

Once it is melted down, remove the old wick. Be ready to pour the wax into a container that it can be broken out of once it has hardened. Also have a new wick weighted down at the bottom with a pebble or penny, rising up above the level of the melted wax after it is poured in the molding container.

I've read somewhere that you can use an old pair of pantyhose and rub the candle outsides with it. Is that what you meant? Or like the feedback above, want to make new ones from old?

Candles, candles, candles! I use candles for ambiance every holiday. I recycle my old candles by cutting the worn out crooked tops with a hot knife that I held over the stove. The hot knife slides easily into the candle allowing me to cut a smooth edge on the top of the candle. I finish by tying a ribbon around the candle either around the top, bottom, or middle depending on the size of the candle.

By Beachers from West Covina, CA

Answers:

Refurbishing Candles

My aunt used to make her candles last a lot longer by 'folding in' the outer wall of wax while it is warm and soft. The folded in wax melts as the candle burns - extending the life of the candle. (10/06/2008)

By Barb. - Ohio

Refurbishing Candles

Take the old wax from your favorite candles and make new ones to keep that scent going. Purchase wicks at the craft store and keep the little containers you have from all those burned out candles. Just melt the old wax in a can or container of choice on heat of choice. I use a soup can on my electric stove on low. Pour the melted was into the container with a new wick. You can even add more scent to make a new one of your own. Keep that wax recycled until you wear it out ;) (10/06/2008)

By Kitty

Refurbishing Candles

The folding in the top of warm candles is great, my sister-in-law kept a huge 3 wick candle going until it was 1/4 inch high. To restore luster to candles rub vigorously with old panty hose, turn hose often. (04/30/2010)

By Kelly

In These Pages
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceJuly 12, 2016
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-29 09:15:11 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️