Remedies for Age Spots

Does anyone know what can be used for age spots on the face and hands? Other than the really expensive lotions sold now.

Val from Cranford, NJ

Answers:

Remedies for Age Spots

I have tried the less expensive drug store bleaches out there, but without much success. The best way is to use sunscreen "keep out of the sun, and then sometimes they fade". Or you could try lemon juice, that was always recommended in the old days for freckles. Oh, and remember to put sunscreen on your hands and neck area, too. (03/02/2007)

By pamphyila

Remedies for Age Spots

I read that Castor oil would bleach them out if applied every night. Don't know how long it takes.
Castor oil will also grow eye lashes. (03/05/2007)

By siris

Remedies for Age Spots

I would definitely stay out of the sun. Always apply sunscreen even when you are in the house.

But the main thing I wanted to tell you is that my sister, who will be 78 this month, tells me that she's removed spots by sprinkling flax over the top of her morning's oatmeal.

Hope this helps you.
(03/06/2007)

By Carol in PA

Remedies for Age Spots

I have rosacea and the only really effective treatment is something called IPL (Intensive Pulsed Light) sort of like a laser. It is fairly expensive when done by a plastic surgeon, but much cheaper when done by a licensed technician. In addition to removing the hundreds of little capillaries that make your face red, it removes freckles, liver spots, keratoses, and precancers. Because of these cosmetic bonuses, most insurances will not pay for it. However, I understand that military personnel can get it done for free. (03/06/2007)

Remedies for Age Spots

I use regular peroxide, after my bath, I "wash" my hands and arms with it about once a week. And I stay out of the sun. I also have used it on my face with no problems. Just let it air dry! I made the mistake of using a "tinted" moisturizer for about 2 weeks, and noticed it was making the spots return. Back to the peroxide and gone in 2 days. (03/11/2007)

By Mary from Crown Point, IN

Remedies for Age Spots

I have been using something called Dr. Bragi. It has a marine enzyme in it which exfoliates the skin, and it works on bags under the eyes and age spots (or liver spots as my mother charmingly calls them). Over time they fade away, but it does take time. I've been trying for 6 months and my skin looks amazing. It is very soft and smooth and all the redness and freckles are fading slowly. Apparently it could take up to 2 years, but I can see a difference.

I got it on the web at DrBragi.com.

(02/03/2008)

By Autumn_Sidd

Remedies for Age Spots

I saw this on a TV show where all the hosts are doctors that putting white vinegar on them helps fade them away. Take Care. (11/22/2008)

By simple

Remedies for Age Spots
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
Couple Looking at Bare Spots in Lawn
Filling Bare Spots in a Lawn
woman looking at her skin
Remedies for Dark Spots on Skin
dog laying in grass
Remedies for a Dog With Bald Spots
🎉
🎄