Remedies for Excessive Sweating

If you are plagued by excessive sweating, you are probably always on the lookout for a remedy. This is a guide about remedies for excessive sweating.

July 28, 2010 Flag

I have been using Certain-Dri 72 hours roll on for a couple of weeks, but I see little result. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I take showers every night and than apply it after an hour, like the directions say. I could use some help. I am starting school in September. Last year was horrible always having to use a jacket to cover it up, but still have the wetness under it.

By Emma

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Have your doctor give you a prescription for Drysol. This was originally used for sweating feet. However, it works under your arms too. I had a terrible sweating problem for years, but the Drysol did the trick. Apply right after a shower. I think you will only have to use it once or twice a week, but check the directions. I always recommend Drysol. It was a lifesaver for me. I found out about Drysol from a Dear Abby column when a reader had asked Abby for advice to stop sweating.

Best Answer

I've found that not all of the "clinical strength" antiperspirants work the same. I've found Secret to be the best with Degree an acceptable alternative. The directions on all of them say to apply before going to bed. I usually take a shower before bed, then immediately apply the antiperspirant. I don't get dressed right away, I let it dry a bit first. If I know it's going to be a particularly hot day, the next morning I will apply again.

Towards the end of each shower I gradually start to turn the water to cold to bring my body temperature down a bit. It's nearly cold by the time I step out. I dry off right away and then use Shower to Shower body powder on those spots where I tend to sweat a lot. Baby powder doesn't work nearly as well as the Shower to Shower.

If you have trouble with sweating under your bra, you might find placing a triangularly folded washcloth placed between the bra band and your skin keeps away a lot of the excess moisture.

Every chance I get throughout the day I use a very cold, wet facecloth and press it against my face and neck to bring my body temperature down.

Sorry this got so long, I hope it helps!

Best Answer

I have heard that Botox injections can help with over-active sweat glands. Go see your doc. Good luck, I can see how this would make you feel so bad.

Hello,

Please see your Doctor, there could be an under lying medical problem.

August 21, 2006 Flag

My niece has a problem with perspiration under her arms. She is only 16 years old. She has used every kind of antiperspirant imaginable but she still sweats badly and hates this problem. She doesn't have a bad odor under her arms, just the sweating that embarrasses her. What can she do to prevent this? I sure hope someone can solve this as she is very popular and smart and has a lot of friends and this really annoys her. I love my Niece and would like to help her.

God Bless,
Angelheart from Clyde, TX

I have tried everything else, nothing works.

I've tried every deodorant too.but i'm just going to see what the doctor says because I'm not going to school with this sweating it is embarrassing I'm 16 too.

Try Secret clinical and put on before bed time

My best friend has that problem and shes so stubborn. I told her it's good for her but I mean she's like I HATE IT

Really guys, it's good. Find something that absorbs it not prevents it.

If you prevent it you will have like a huge problem

sweating is releasing toxins and girls and boys, toxins aren't good.

Your spleen can only hold so much.

September 29, 2005 Flag

I have a real problem with sweating and it is really embarrasing. I take dance lessons and within the first 2 minutes my clothes are wet and sweat is running down my face, it seems like anything I do causes this. Has anyone else had this problem and what can be done about it?

Thanks so much,
Helen

THE BEST THING THAT WORKED FOR ME!!!

ok, i used to sweat unbelievably.. i'd just put on a new shirt and within 10 mins sometimes it'll be drenched under the armpits.. the main problem i think had to do with stress, etc.. but anyway..

nothing worked... except HYDROSOL its like a roll on my GP recommended and it helped so much! u apply it at night b4 u sleep and wash in the morning.. i would use it about once or twice a week.. i used to go through 3 shirts a day cos of the sweat, but now i can use the same one ALL DAY without a drop of water..

the only problem is i can't find them anymore in the pharmacies.. i think they took them outta da market!?!?! hope not!!

I am still hoping there is an end to this problem. How I wish I don't sweat a lot...:-(

Hi everyone, there is a product called Driclor which contains aluminium chloride. i had the same problem so i had it perscribed. its made especially for this and it really works. the problem is that it is a roll-on which you put on at night and wash off in the morning therefore it is only for armpits really. i would recomend as armpits are probable the place which releases most sweat.

I once had the same problem, my armpits were driping wet anytime, anywhere. But then I've found a simple 3-steps sollutions that really helped me with my excessive sweating. Now I have put it on my website and hopefully it will help many of you fellow-sweating-brothers-and-sisters.

http://www.sweatinghelp.info

January 13, 2009 Flag

My hands get bright red almost all the time. It started when I was 13, I'm now 38. It's very embarrassing, especially in front of an audience. My mother has raynauds, but her hands don't get red, they turn white. I haven't told my doctor yet, I don't know how he hasn't noticed. I feel very healthy and my blood pressure is normal, but as I approach middle aged, I am concerned. I would welcome any feedback from people with my same symptoms.

Pat

My hands get blood red and swell a little whenever I get upset about something and they also feel hot. It is very embaarrassing when around other people and they ask what is wrong with my hands and I do not know what to tell them. I have high blood pressure, but I have it under control with medicine.

Hello,

I am 48, have lived with hyperhidrosis my whole life, and with hands and feet of various shades of red, purple, even blackish, and a very strange temperature mechanism, usually being a lot colder than other people. Horrible, but am happy to tell you that the hyperhidrosis is not nearly as bad as it used to be- hands are OK most of the time, feet ok unless I have to wear shoes without socks, or go barefoot [then fear of the noise of sticking to the shoes or leaving a footprint on the floor makes me sweat as quick as the thought], also Ok on rest of body most of the time except if I am wearing something that would show if I sweat - then again its nearly as quick as the thought that it happens. I rarely get it like I used to where I would drip and soak my clothes all over in no time at all. I realize that my body responds to perceived 'threat', usually emotional - by sweating - when my mind doesn't perceive the situation as fearful at all. I haven't read from other posts whether the condition improves with age for other people. It affected me very negatively for a lot of my life as I felt disgusting, and couldn't touch others.

Anyway, its nice to know I am not the only one with these conditions, although I feel sorry for others with them. Anyway, for you younger ones - if it improved for me, I am sure that it will for you! I still have the redness and funny colours and coldness, and I think that may get worse with age. I am OK, normal colour, if I am warm, and a glass of red wine also helps. So at home, in the evening I am usually OK.

So a detailed post - have never done one before. I may upload an image one day of how my hands get.

All the Best, Grania

I was wondering if anyone had discovered what the cause of this is as I have suffered with it for years. Thanks.

The photos uploaded by Red look just like my hands when I have my "red attacks". The soles of my feet get that way at the same time. It is triggered by being a little warm, like in a warm shower, or getting warm under the covers at night. It'll wake me with intense burning frequently between 2 and 4 AM, but can occur in the daytime also.

The redness in my soles started first, and it was followed about 5 years later by my first attack of white, blue and red Raynaud's. The redness started in my palms about 2 years ago, and so I'm expecting that Raynaud's will appear in them in about 3 more years.

Although I do not yet have skin hardening, I've now been diagnosed with limited systemic scleroderma, and my scleroderma specialist says that the redness that appears without a preceding blue phase is likely erythromelalgia, which can co-exist with Raynaud's in people with scleroderma.

Anyone with Raynaud's is suspect for having scleroderma, and skin hardening may come late in the disease, or even never, as in scleroderma sine scleroderma (scleroderma without skin hardening).

You should get to a rheumatologist and ask for an ANA test by the old IFA methodology (newer methods miss the scleroderma antibodies). Your doc will need to specify that it be done by IFA, since most labs are now using the newer multiplex or ELISA assay. Also ask for the anticentromere B. test as a separate test. Also ask him to check your nailfold capillaries for the changes that take place in scleroderma.

Red palms and soles can also be from liver damage, but I have never been a drinker. I have the ultra-high ANA and anticentromere antibodies, and the nailfold capillary changes. Other signs of scleroderma are gastric reflux, swollen fingers, burning/hurting hands and/or feet, tendonitis, rotator cuff inflammation, body aches, alternating constipation and diarrhea, loss of hair on the limbs, huffing and puffing with mild exertion, chronic dry cough. I have all of this, but it all came on very slowly over a period of 25 years. In other people it can come on quickly. It's highly individual.

Here's a photo of my red soles after a warm shower.

February 7, 2013 Flag

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I will suddenly break out with a fine sweat on my hairline, cheeks, and neck, for no rhyme or reason. It happens in the middle of the night, or as soon as I get up, or even while writing this email.

I had a hysterectomy when I was 46 and now I'm 62, so it's not menopause. I exercise, avoid sugar, take my supplements, and still. I tried selenium sulphide shampoo for some time and it worked, but now its back. Why? Please help!

By susheila

After some research it seems you can gingerly use regular anti-perspirant on your face it you don't find it too irritating - There are also anti-perspiriants made especially for the face - Like SweatStop.

I went through The Change early too (non-surgical, mine was caused by extreme stress) and thought 'well, that's done.' Only to hit my mid-fifties and start to have some menopausal symptoms.

I casually mentioned the symptoms to my GP during the annual check-up and he became very serious-sent me to a specialist because apparently these symptoms can be caused by (gulp) cancer. I went through several tests (thank-God for the NHS!) and came back clear but some women don't. If you can afford it, you should check with your doctor to be sure your symptoms aren't a warning of something serious. Even if you had a complete hysterectomy (uterus and ovaries) your body is still on its built in timer (see below), according to my GP and the specialists he sent me to. Cancer in a complete hysterectomy patient is rare but can still happen so a check to rule it out would be a good idea.

However, the symptoms turning out to be cancer is much more common in a woman who has gone through a non-surgical menopause. My GP and the specialist were both very concerned until those tests came back.

My symptoms ended up being what was left of the hormonal clock kicking in-I am at the same age as the older women in my family who went through menopause at a 'normal' time in their lives. Ask your older female relatives when they went through menopause if you can; you may find you have reached the age they went through it.

Meanwhile, a light dusting with a talcum powder will keep the fine perspiration under control and more comfortable for you. I used to lightly powder up before leaving the house, too, to keep it less noticeable.

November 29, 2010 Flag

I am not sure where to put this question, but I have head and facial sweating so bad that I look like I take a shower every time I move around and sometimes when I am just sitting here. I am so embarrassed and the older I get the worse it gets.

November 29, 2010 Flag

Regarding head sweating, it seems that we all have one thing in common, there appears to be no cure! I am just like so many I don't want to go any where, it is just horrible to be standing in line and the sweating starts and doesn't stop for at least an hour. I have been looking and looking and have found nothing close to a cure. Oh well I will keep on searching. Good luck to all.

By Lisa

Answers:

Remedies for Excessive Head Sweating

Vinegar helps under the arm, maybe it will help your head, good luck. (06/05/2010)

By kffrmw88

Remedies for Excessive Head Sweating

That is a nerve gland in your body. Ask a doc about that. (06/05/2010)

By yellow-hawk

Remedies for Excessive Head Sweating

You definitely want to see a doctor; there are prescriptions to help control excessive sweating. Good luck! (06/06/2010)

By WildIrish

Remedies for Excessive Head Sweating

I wonder if it's hot flashes. I'm way past menopause and sometimes go from hot to cold and cold to hot in no time. My mother had the same problem at 82. (06/07/2010)

By TXBetty

Load More
Health & Beauty Home RemediesFebruary 14, 2013
Drying Out a Sweating Salt Lamp
Drying Out a Sweating Salt Lamp
Sweating Feet
Remedies for Sweating Feet
Cat With Itchy Skin
Remedies for a Cat With Itchy Skin
Premenopausal Perspiration
Remedies for Premenopausal Perspiration
🎄