Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

I have brown spots on my face. It is hyperpigmentation. Not even prescription creams have worked. Please help with any ideas.

NAN from CA

Answers:

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

I have found that regular peroxide (in the brown bottle) took the "age spot" off my hands. I am almost 59, with no spots! Just dab it on the spots, and let it dry. Do it ever night for about a week, you will see a big difference. Now I do it about once a month. I "wash" my hands with it and just let them air dry! (01/26/2006)

By Mary

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

The absolute best thing for evening out skin tone and clearing up any acne you might have is plain old lemon juice! I put this on right after cleansing twice each day for a couple of weeks and now just once a day, mostly at night before bed. (01/27/2006)

By Lisa

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

Try castor oil. It will take the pigment out (01/28/2006)

By Annabelle

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

Porcelana will remove some and keep future ones away. (02/11/2006)

By Stephanie

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

As a make up artist I come across this problem quite often. Hyper pigmentation is the swelling of the capillaries underneath the skin, in some cases these burst and cause a spots of hyperpigmentation as you say you have there. There is not a great deal that can be done other than cover up, and try to keep the area out of the sun as much as possible.

A good sunblock all year round is recommended, however, there are products now that are able to lessen the appearance a good deal. In some cases they are able to eradicate them altogether, depending on how old they are and how deep they. In my experience, B Kamin's rosacea treatment is excellent, however it is better for a pre-makeup base initially. Also, Peter Thomas Roth does an amazing oxygen mask that is also quite effective at diminishing the appearance of brown spots. It's also excellent post booze! (keep it in the fridge). There is another product I have had recommended by clients that I have had little experience with, called Revive. They have an extremely stable vitamin c treatment which is said to treat the problem effectively. It is very pricey, but apparently worth its weight in gold. I hope this helps. (02/25/2006)

By Luke

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

After years of not protecting my face from the sun, I began developing a brown spot which became progressively darker, and then more spots followed. My sister actually tried to rub the spot off my face thinking I had chocolate on my face when the first spot became noticeable! These spots were getting larger and darker, and looked terrible.

I tried the lemon juice idea faithfully for some time and I will tell you, it did not work for me. However, I found what does: Avon has a product called Anew Clinical Laser. It is expensive, $32 for a tube plus a tube of protector (SPF 30). This stuff is worth every penny. It works wonderfully. Within days I could see the spots were becoming lighter. After a month, they are almost gone.

The product is applied from a glass tube which has a tip with a ball-bearing which makes it possible to apply precisely where needed. I apply it to the spots frequently, probably about 3-5 times a day. (Usually when I go into the bathroom I take a minute to dab some on). There is enough product in the tube to remove many spots of deep discoloration. (08/15/2006)

By Donna

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

I've been trying to get rid of brown spots on my face for all while now and I've noticed that pretty much anything I have tried has not been any help to the situation. But there is one thing I have tried and that is using lemon juice. Rub it on the spots right after you take a shower every night you should see results in about a day. Also if you are a girl or woman of color than use Ambi Products. If you need more info on Ambi Products visited www.ambiflawlessskin.com (10/27/2008)

By Kiana

Remedies for Hyperpigmentation

Apply milk to your face everyday for 10 minutes before going to bed. This has solved my pigmentation. (12/13/2008)

By Verma