Remedies for Skin Tags

As we get older our bodies seem to sprout all sorts of bumps and other age related blemishes. Skin tags are benign tumors that normally develop where the skin is abraded, such as the neck, or where it creases. This is a guide about remedies for skin tags.

bandaid covering a skin tag
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How can I get rid of skin tags?

By Retha D from Anchorage, AK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

On YouTube there is a video that says to pull on the skin tag, and tightly tie dental floss around the base. It should fall off in a couple days. Much easier than the method I used to remove mine- cuticle scissors, it bled quite a bit, and was painful. This method is supposed to be painless.

Read More Answers...

I have been reading all the remedies for skin tags and I have to say, I am also a big baby when it comes to pain in some areas. I had a skin tag appear in a private area a few years ago and yesterday I woke up and it was swollen and clear liquid would come from it when I tried to mash it.

I read some of the remedies you all had posted and I tried the thread thing and when I woke up this morning, it was a reddish-purple and super sore. So I removed the thread. I have also tried to cut it off as some of you have suggested, but it was too painful and I can't get it numb enough. I have also been trying the oregano oil and I haven't seen a change. Any more ideas?

By anonymous from TX

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How can I remove skin tags at home?

By Darci from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Duct tape. Smother them.

Read More Answers...

I found an item on how to remove moles, using coriander. Please tell me how I can find this information. I have moles and skin tags that I wish to remove.

I do not like taking prescription drugs. I want to find alternatives to drugs.

Best regards.

Robert

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I tied thread around the base of my skin tags, they actually died and fell off! I wouldn't try this with moles though.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone know of a home remedy for skin tags?

George from Roanoke, VA

Remedy for Skin Tags

Great news. You can buy alcohol swabs w/pain killer (designed for insulin users) at your local department store. I rub them on my tags and remove with cuticle nippers or out curved nail clippers. Works like a charm. (09/21/2009)

By bs924

Remedy for Skin Tags

My skin has always been one of my best features and now it is going to pot! I have been developing skin tags on my neck for years but just recently, they seem to be multiplying at great speed. The only good news is that even though they are very obvious to touch, they really can't be seen. I have far too many tiny ones to cut them off, although, I have successfully snipped a few.

Three days ago I started using a paste of Castor oil and baking soda. I read that this combination applied three or so times a day had proven quite effective in removing skin tags. So far, all that has happened is that my skin tags are inflamed. This is a big deal since I have so many tiny tags. It is bad enough that my neck is extremely rough because of them, now they have become unsightly as well.

I am hoping for feedback on the whole process. Is it a good sign that my skin tags are reacting to the paste? Will they continue to darken in colour as they dry up? Is it likely that it will get worse before it gets better or is this reaction unusual?

I sure hope that this mess I have created will be okay with a little bit of patience. (10/06/2009)

By valsyv

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMay 3, 2013
tagless t-shirt
Removing Printed Clothing Labels
Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 27, 2016 at 2:04:56 AM on 10.0.1.67 in 286 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.