Browsing: Remedies for Skin Tags

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Skin Tags

As we get older our bodies seem to sprout all sorts of bumps and other age related blemishes. Skin tags are benign tumors that normally develop where the skin is abraded, such as the neck, or where it creases. This is a guide about remedies for skin tags.

bandaid covering a skin tag
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 25, 2012 Flag

How can I get rid of skin tags?

By Retha D from Anchorage, AK

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I had some bothersome skin tags. I forget where I heard about getting rid of them yourself, but it sure did work. I took some sewing thread and tied it around each tag. This cut the circulation to them off. They shriveled up and basically fell off. They never came back, either. You have to leave the thread on until they fall off, but that doesn't take long - seems like is was a few days, but it might have taken a week. I had one that could be seen, and I didn't want the thread around it to be seen, so I covered it with a bandaid. It was easy, it never hurt at all, and it was free.

Best Answer

Some skin tags can indicate a serious illness, so it is probably a good idea to see a doctor if you have insurance. He or she can freeze the area and then snip off the tag, it's much safer than trying to do it at home.

Best Answer

What I have always done for my skin tags is use Melaluca (Tea Tree Oil). You can find it in your local Walmart or Cvs, etc. Nail clippers hurt, so I take the longer alternative route. Tea Tree Oil has a bad odor (to me, anyway) so I only use it at night. Take a clean cotton swab & dip it once. Swab the area good every night & let it dry.

It takes between 5 days to 2 weeks for it to completely dry up & fall off. I know this takes longer, but it kills it from the root and it never returns. Also, there is no pain involved. I hope this helps!

On YouTube there is a video that says to pull on the skin tag, and tightly tie dental floss around the base. It should fall off in a couple days. Much easier than the method I used to remove mine- cuticle scissors, it bled quite a bit, and was painful. This method is supposed to be painless.

Read More Answers...

May 12, 2011 Flag

How can I remove skin tags at home?

By Darci from Chicago, IL

Best Answer

Dr. Oz says one of two ways.

First, make a loose knot in dental floss, then tie around the skin tag as tight as you can, then do another knot. Trim the ends and leave it there. They will drop off, but as you wear clothes, keep a bandaid over them. Sometimes they bleed.

The other is to use wart remover. He likes the kind that freezes them off, so I hope these help.

Other doc's say to always have them removed by a doctor but of course, they want your money.

Best Answer

How about using cuticle cutters instead? They have a straight edge. I think I would try the dental floss first though.

Best Answer

I have removed several from myself and others. You can place an ice cube on it for about three minutes to kind of numb the area but it doesn't hurt very much if you don't numb it. I have used cuticle scissors and a fillet knife and regular scissors. I have not tried the floss, but it will definitely work but you must get the knot against the skin at the base of the tag. I apply antibiotic salve and a Bandaid for a day or two. The thought is worse than the removal!

Best Answer

Duct tape. Smother them.

Read More Answers...

April 15, 2010 Flag

I have been reading all the remedies for skin tags and I have to say, I am also a big baby when it comes to pain in some areas. I had a skin tag appear in a private area a few years ago and yesterday I woke up and it was swollen and clear liquid would come from it when I tried to mash it.

I read some of the remedies you all had posted and I tried the thread thing and when I woke up this morning, it was a reddish-purple and super sore. So I removed the thread. I have also tried to cut it off as some of you have suggested, but it was too painful and I can't get it numb enough. I have also been trying the oregano oil and I haven't seen a change. Any more ideas?

By anonymous from TX

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 18, 2011 Flag

I found an item on how to remove moles, using coriander. Please tell me how I can find this information. I have moles and skin tags that I wish to remove.

I do not like taking prescription drugs. I want to find alternatives to drugs.

Best regards.

Robert

Best Answer

I tied thread around the base of my skin tags, they actually died and fell off! I wouldn't try this with moles though.

Just Google it like I did

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& ... 26l26l26l0l15l15l0l249l1840l0.8.3l11

April 15, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know of a home remedy for skin tags?

George from Roanoke, VA

Answers:

Remedy for Skin Tags

Great news. You can buy alcohol swabs w/pain killer (designed for insulin users) at your local department store. I rub them on my tags and remove with cuticle nippers or out curved nail clippers. Works like a charm. (09/21/2009)

By bs924

June 25, 2009 Flag

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMay 3, 2013
tagless t-shirt
Removing Printed Clothing Labels
Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reindeer and Snowman Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 10:26:46 PM on 10.0.1.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.