Remedies for Skin Tags

Skin tags are benign growths that normally develop where the skin is abraded, such as the neck, or where it creases. This is a guide about remedies for skin tags.

August 26, 2016 Flag

The milk that is inside of the stems of fig branches is a natural and highly effective way to remove warts and skin tags without the dangers of chemical acids. We happen to have a fig bush. Hopefully you can find one in your neighbourhood! Just snap a branch in half and the milk will slowly ooze out. Apply this milk to your wart or skin tag twice daily until it's gone.

Source: My longtime family remedy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 15, 2010 Flag

I have been reading all the remedies for skin tags and I have to say, I am also a big baby when it comes to pain in some areas. I had a skin tag appear in a private area a few years ago and yesterday I woke up and it was swollen and clear liquid would come from it when I tried to mash it.

I read some of the remedies you all had posted and I tried the thread thing and when I woke up this morning, it was a reddish-purple and super sore. So I removed the thread. I have also tried to cut it off as some of you have suggested, but it was too painful and I can't get it numb enough. I have also been trying the oregano oil and I haven't seen a change. Any more ideas?

By anonymous from TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Top Comment

I had a skin tag like that - in the same area - and it would get quite large. I went to the dermotologist & he took care of it. I have to say the removal was not painful - honest.

Top Comment

Mulberry204, yea, it got the size of a marble and over the next day or so it started going down but will still quite painful. So I went to the doctor and had it removed yesterday with no pain at all except for the stick of the needle which was only like a bee sting and then I felt nothing. The doctor did say it probably got twisted or something and that's what caused it to get irritated and swell, but its gone now and I am so glad! Thanks!

Top Comment

I see this happened a couple years ago, so I assume it has been taken care of by now. What was described sounds like it was a trip to the doctor's office for that.

Years ago I had some skin tags on my stomach, and the doctor froze them, and I had finger tip craters on my stomach from that, and I thought that was normal after the freezing, but, when my doctor saw those, he told me that they should never been like that, and he apologized to me. It also took nearly a year for them to finally heal. I know too that the edge of my bra was irritating the skin tags also, and those could get bigger, red and painful.

I tried a couple with the thread and duct tape square, and that worked great very fast for me, but, I knew that thread is not sterile, so, I loosely tied it with the thread, put a glob of triple antibiotic on it, I left the threads long and tied the thread tighter and while holding the strings tighter, then I put the duct tape over holding the threads tight. When I thought about it, about 2 times a day, I'd just loosen up the corner of the tape, tighten the string again, keep taut and press the tape back down again holding the strings tighter.

I used the duct tape because it has strong adhesive and I didn't want to see what it was looking like under there. When I thought I should put some more triple antibiotic and new tape, when I took it off, that is when I found it was completely gone, and I was very happy to see that. It's been years and has never came back, none of them, even the frozen ones prior haven't come back.

If it ever happens again, I noticed about a month ago that at Dollar General their generic triple antibiotic has a pain killers, and it works very well, so, if I ever have to get rid of one of those again, I'll use that kind also. If it had felt it was infected, I would have gotten that string and tape off it, and get to the doctor but, this worked very well for me.

Mine were also in places that were under my clothes, so I had no problem doing this way. Thread really is not sterile, so, that is why I did it this way, and I was glad it worked so well for me.

February 25, 2012 Flag

How can I get rid of skin tags?

By Retha D from Anchorage, AK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I had some bothersome skin tags. I forget where I heard about getting rid of them yourself, but it sure did work. I took some sewing thread and tied it around each tag. This cut the circulation to them off. They shriveled up and basically fell off. They never came back, either. You have to leave the thread on until they fall off, but that doesn't take long - seems like is was a few days, but it might have taken a week. I had one that could be seen, and I didn't want the thread around it to be seen, so I covered it with a bandaid. It was easy, it never hurt at all, and it was free.

Best Answer

Some skin tags can indicate a serious illness, so it is probably a good idea to see a doctor if you have insurance. He or she can freeze the area and then snip off the tag, it's much safer than trying to do it at home.

Best Answer

What I have always done for my skin tags is use Melaluca (Tea Tree Oil). You can find it in your local Walmart or Cvs, etc. Nail clippers hurt, so I take the longer alternative route. Tea Tree Oil has a bad odor (to me, anyway) so I only use it at night. Take a clean cotton swab & dip it once. Swab the area good every night & let it dry.

It takes between 5 days to 2 weeks for it to completely dry up & fall off. I know this takes longer, but it kills it from the root and it never returns. Also, there is no pain involved. I hope this helps!

I was watching an episode of Dr. Oz and he had a solution:

http://www.doct  in-tag-treatment

Hope this helps.

I had 3 skin tags on my neck and thought I would never get rid of them. My cousin is a nurse and she said to just clip them off with a clean pair of nail clippers. So I did and they never came back.

On YouTube there is a video that says to pull on the skin tag, and tightly tie dental floss around the base. It should fall off in a couple days. Much easier than the method I used to remove mine- cuticle scissors, it bled quite a bit, and was painful. This method is supposed to be painless.

May 12, 2011 Flag

How can I remove skin tags at home?

By Darci from Chicago, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Dr. Oz says one of two ways.

First, make a loose knot in dental floss, then tie around the skin tag as tight as you can, then do another knot. Trim the ends and leave it there. They will drop off, but as you wear clothes, keep a bandaid over them. Sometimes they bleed.

The other is to use wart remover. He likes the kind that freezes them off, so I hope these help.

Other doc's say to always have them removed by a doctor but of course, they want your money.

Best Answer

How about using cuticle cutters instead? They have a straight edge. I think I would try the dental floss first though.

Best Answer

I have removed several from myself and others. You can place an ice cube on it for about three minutes to kind of numb the area but it doesn't hurt very much if you don't numb it. I have used cuticle scissors and a fillet knife and regular scissors. I have not tried the floss, but it will definitely work but you must get the knot against the skin at the base of the tag. I apply antibiotic salve and a Bandaid for a day or two. The thought is worse than the removal!

Best Answer

Duct tape. Smother them.

My mother told me to use dental floss and that would just pop them off, I tried that and it did hurt a little and also didn't work. Someone else told me to put Vitamin E oil on them and they would gradually disappear. I've been doing that and mine have shrunk. I just can't always remember to do it and depending on what I'm wearing, I don't want it all over my tops and/or dresses. Plus, it doesn't hurt and the Vitamin E is about $7 a bottle and I've had mine for awhile. Hope this helps. The skin tags are annoying to have.

Use a toe nailclipper as they curve differently.

I hate those ugly suckers.

April 17, 2010 Flag

Can skin tags be red?

By Jean

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make an appointment with a dermatologist, don't gamble with your health.

Please read this: http://www.thri  /disclaimer.ldml

Common Benign Skin Tumors - American Family .

Options for evaluating patients with benign skin tumors can be categorized. They range in color from brown to purple, red, yellow, and pink.

Acrochordons, or skin tags, are derived from ectoderm and mesoderm Good luck.

I wouldn't gamble with your health either! It's doctor time and better safe than sorry!

I know a young lady who never ever went out in the sun even and what she thought was a skin tag ended up being skin cancer. She let it go too long and even with chemotherapy the cancer came back and she passed away this past December at the age of 36 :-(

Please, even if you can't pay for the visit up front your doctor will most likely allow you to pay in installments for the checkup!

My tags always seem to change color as they begin to fall off, I believe it's because they lose blood flow to that patch of skin.

April 15, 2010 Flag

Does anyone know of a home remedy for skin tags?

George from Roanoke, VA

Answers:

Remedy for Skin Tags

Great news. You can buy alcohol swabs w/pain killer (designed for insulin users) at your local department store. I rub them on my tags and remove with cuticle nippers or out curved nail clippers. Works like a charm. (09/21/2009)

By bs924

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

June 25, 2009 Flag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMay 3, 2013
tagless t-shirt
Removing Printed Clothing Labels
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Making Reusable Gift Tags
Homemade Luggage Tag With Pins
Homemade Luggage Tags
Finger pointing at a mole on skin
Remedies for Moles on Skin
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 5:27:06 AM on 10.0.0.16 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.