Getting Rid of Skin Tags?

How can I get rid of skin tags?

By Retha D from Anchorage, AK

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 216 Posts
Best Answer

I had some bothersome skin tags. I forget where I heard about getting rid of them yourself, but it sure did work. I took some sewing thread and tied it around each tag. This cut the circulation to them off. They shriveled up and basically fell off. They never came back, either. You have to leave the thread on until they fall off, but that doesn't take long - seems like is was a few days, but it might have taken a week. I had one that could be seen, and I didn't want the thread around it to be seen, so I covered it with a bandaid. It was easy, it never hurt at all, and it was free.

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 282 Feedbacks
Best Answer

Some skin tags can indicate a serious illness, so it is probably a good idea to see a doctor if you have insurance. He or she can freeze the area and then snip off the tag, it's much safer than trying to do it at home.

Best Answer

What I have always done for my skin tags is use Melaluca (Tea Tree Oil). You can find it in your local Walmart or Cvs, etc. Nail clippers hurt, so I take the longer alternative route. Tea Tree Oil has a bad odor (to me, anyway) so I only use it at night. Take a clean cotton swab & dip it once. Swab the area good every night & let it dry.

It takes between 5 days to 2 weeks for it to completely dry up & fall off. I know this takes longer, but it kills it from the root and it never returns. Also, there is no pain involved. I hope this helps!

I was watching an episode of Dr. Oz and he had a solution:
www.doctoroz.com/.../healthy-skin-secrets-and-skin-tag...

Hope this helps.

I had 3 skin tags on my neck and thought I would never get rid of them. My cousin is a nurse and she said to just clip them off with a clean pair of nail clippers.

So I did and they never came back.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 122 Feedbacks

On YouTube there is a video that says to pull on the skin tag, and tightly tie dental floss around the base. It should fall off in a couple days. Much easier than the method I used to remove mine- cuticle scissors, it bled quite a bit, and was painful. This method is supposed to be painless.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceFebruary 25, 2012
🍂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf64437883.tip.html