Remedies for Skin Tags

Skin tags are benign growths that normally develop where the skin is abraded, such as the neck, or where it creases. This is a page about remedies for skin tags.

The milk that is inside of the stems of fig branches is a natural and highly effective way to remove warts and skin tags without the dangers of chemical acids. We happen to have a fig bush. Hopefully you can find one in your neighbourhood! Just snap a branch in half and the milk will slowly ooze out. Apply this milk to your wart or skin tag twice daily until it's gone.

Source: My longtime family remedy

I have been reading all the remedies for skin tags and I have to say, I am also a big baby when it comes to pain in some areas. I had a skin tag appear in a private area a few years ago and yesterday I woke up and it was swollen and clear liquid would come from it when I tried to mash it.

I read some of the remedies you all had posted and I tried the thread thing and when I woke up this morning, it was a reddish-purple and super sore. So I removed the thread. I have also tried to cut it off as some of you have suggested, but it was too painful and I can't get it numb enough. I have also been trying the oregano oil and I haven't seen a change. Any more ideas?

By anonymous from TX

How can I get rid of skin tags?

By Retha D from Anchorage, AK

Answers

Best Answer

I had some bothersome skin tags. I forget where I heard about getting rid of them yourself, but it sure did work. I took some sewing thread and tied it around each tag. This cut the circulation to them off. They shriveled up and basically fell off. They never came back, either.

You have to leave the thread on until they fall off, but that doesn't take long - seems like is was a few days, but it might have taken a week. I had one that could be seen, and I didn't want the thread around it to be seen, so I covered it with a bandaid. It was easy, it never hurt at all, and it was free.

Best Answer

Some skin tags can indicate a serious illness, so it is probably a good idea to see a doctor if you have insurance. He or she can freeze the area and then snip off the tag, it's much safer than trying to do it at home.

Best Answer

What I have always done for my skin tags is use Melaluca (Tea Tree Oil). You can find it in your local Walmart or Cvs, etc. Nail clippers hurt, so I take the longer alternative route. Tea Tree Oil has a bad odor (to me, anyway) so I only use it at night.

Take a clean cotton swab & dip it once. Swab the area good every night & let it dry.

It takes between 5 days to 2 weeks for it to completely dry up & fall off. I know this takes longer, but it kills it from the root and it never returns. Also, there is no pain involved. I hope this helps!

How can I remove skin tags at home?

By Darci from Chicago, IL

Answers

Best Answer

Dr. Oz says one of two ways.
First, make a loose knot in dental floss, then tie around the skin tag as tight as you can, then do another knot. Trim the ends and leave it there. They will drop off, but as you wear clothes, keep a bandaid over them. Sometimes they bleed.

The other is to use wart remover. He likes the kind that freezes them off, so I hope these help.

Other doc's say to always have them removed by a doctor but of course, they want your money.

Best Answer

How about using cuticle cutters instead? They have a straight edge. I think I would try the dental floss first though.

Best Answer

I have removed several from myself and others. You can place an ice cube on it for about three minutes to kind of numb the area but it doesn't hurt very much if you don't numb it. I have used cuticle scissors and a fillet knife and regular scissors.

I have not tried the floss, but it will definitely work but you must get the knot against the skin at the base of the tag. I apply antibiotic salve and a Bandaid for a day or two. The thought is worse than the removal!

Best Answer

Duct tape. Smother them.

Can skin tags be red?

By Jean

Answers

Make an appointment with a dermatologist, don't gamble with your health.
Please read this: www.thriftyfun.com/disclaimer.ldml

Common Benign Skin Tumors - American Family .
Options for evaluating patients with benign skin tumors can be categorized. They range in color from brown to purple, red, yellow, and pink.
Acrochordons, or skin tags, are derived from ectoderm and mesoderm Good luck.

I wouldn't gamble with your health either! It's doctor time and better safe than sorry!

I know a young lady who never ever went out in the sun even and what she thought was a skin tag ended up being skin cancer. She let it go too long and even with chemotherapy the cancer came back and she passed away this past December at the age of 36 :-(

Please, even if you can't pay for the visit up front your doctor will most likely allow you to pay in installments for the checkup!

My tags always seem to change color as they begin to fall off, I believe it's because they lose blood flow to that patch of skin.

Does anyone know of a home remedy for skin tags?

George from Roanoke, VA

Answers:

Remedy for Skin Tags

Great news. You can buy alcohol swabs w/pain killer (designed for insulin users) at your local department store. I rub them on my tags and remove with cuticle nippers or out curved nail clippers. Works like a charm. (09/21/2009)

By Brenda

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceMay 3, 2013
😷
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Remedies-for-Skin-Tags.html