Browsing: Remedies for Knotted and Tangled Hair

Remedy for Extremely Knotted and Tangled Hair

I had washed my hair and it got really tangled and knotted up. I've tried conditioner, mayo, olive oil, washing it again with conditioner in it, detangler shampoo, and Vaseline and none of it helped. Does anyone know what I an use for my hair?

By Lea

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

DHC, a mail order costemtic company, has a product that may work. I can't remember the name of the product, but I think you can find it easily on their web site. It is a conditioner put on after shampooing and left on. I have baby fine hair below my waist and the tangles slip right out. Something else I have found that helps is the old fashion brushing 100 stokes every evening. For my hair, it takes one pump, about 1/8 a teaspoon. Hope this helps.

Have you tried wearing a shower cap with the lubricant of choice (mine is olive oil, does SUCH lovely things for hair!) thickly applied?

I apply a huge amount of olive oil then stuff all my hair under a thick plastic shower cap which I wear for up to an hour-sometimes two if I'm distracted by something, lol.

Then, while the oil is still in my hair, I gently comb through it with a wide tooth comb, then a finer toothed comb. Sometimes if it's been especially 'knotty', I'll put the hair back under the shower cap after the de-tangle (without washing out the oil) for another hour or two.

I do this once a month, it works a real treat. Good luck, I hope you find a solution that works for you!

I find that if I brush my hair out properly before washing there are hardly any tangles after.

Believe it or not a light trim goes a long way. I used to have hair down below my waist and noticed every time it started tangling really bad. A trim removing the split ends worked wonders.

Have you tried any of Sally Beauty Supply's Beyond The Zone brand. I love these products as I have naturally dark hair that I have bleached to a light blonde. I really love Beyond's Protein Cocktail spray, it is great & my stylist even noticed my hair was much softer & the straw like texture was gone! I hope this helps!

I know this is a little late, but I just read your post. I've had this problem before with my hair and with my children's and grandchildren's hair, and what has worked wonders for us is using Frizz Ease hair serum. It is silicone based and helps to de-tangle even better than oil. I would put it on the knot and take a large tooth comb and start to work it out gently, even using my fingers to pull individual strands out as I was able. My one granddaughter said she only wanted grandma to comb her hair!

Knotted and Tangled Hair
Remedies for Knotted and Tangled Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips WashingDecember 5, 2012
A gold chain.
Removing Tangled Hair from Jewelry
Beautiful woman with frizzy hair looking at her comb, with a pained expression
Remedies for Frizzy Hair
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 21, 2016 at 12:45:58 AM on 10.0.2.26 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.