Remedy for Night Leg Cramps

I suffer form night leg cramps. I have kidney disease which prevents taking potassium or magnesium. I need suggestions please.

By wilsonmargie70

Try tonic water with quinine. Helps my husband every time.

Tonic water with quinine will help but so will eating a banana. If you eat the every other day or so you shouldn't have them anymore.

The answer is quinine or a product with with a good percent of quinine in it. The dose is ONE capsule or tablet in any 24 hour period only! More than one and you will get dizzy and/or get a ringing in your ears. I know this first hand. Yes, it is bitter but it does work! You may want to take it with a glass of water.

I know this sounds crazy, but try putting a small bar of soap between the mattress and bottom sheet. It actually helps!

I have found moist heat is very helpful in relieving cramps. I either take a hot shower or use a moist heating pad. If you make a home made heating pad with long grain rice, it makes an excellent moist heating pad.

Hope this is helpful,

Ann

I suffered from severe leg cramps so bad that my legs would bruise. I found this solution to be skeptical until I tried it. Put a bar of Ivory soap down in your socks. I broke a bar in half for each leg. I could at first feel like one was coming on then it abruptly stopped. I swear by this. I have not had a cramp since. The soap has to be white and simple. Thats why I chose the Ivory soap. I found this on the internet. Try it even if you might be skeptical. What have you got to loose (except leg cramps). Hope this helps. Worked for me.

Tonic water with Quinine. Doesn't taste great but drink at least a half a mug full every evening.

Anonymous

I agree, tonic water is a life saver