Using Garlic, Ginger, and Vinegar for Leg Cramps

Category Home Remedies
If you suffer from leg cramps, it could be due to a lack of vitamins and minerals. This is a guide about using vinegar, garlic, and ginger for leg cramps.

I'm looking for recipe for a vinegar, garlic, and ginger concoction for leg cramps, any ideas? Thanks for any help.

By janet from AR

Answers

Best Answer

I don't have a recipe for that, but I have read in several places that regular yellow mustard helps with leg cramps a lot, so I guess I'd try that on a sandwich.

Leg cramps can also be caused by lack of potassium; do you get enough tomatoes, bananas, baked potatoes, grapefruit, I think grapes and raisins also high in K.

I keep magnesium around and take it now and then for leg cramps; just one.

Do you get enough water?

You could make a great salad dressing or veggie marinade with 1/4 cup vinegar, 2 cloves really squashed garlic, a slice or two of ginger slices, really chopped and mashed, add it to a bit of oil or mayo. or leave out the oil and mayo and just take a spoonful followed by water. You could also add plain apple juice instead of oil for a marinade to the vinegar, garlic and ginger, like a 1/3 cup..I'll be that would be good. You could marinate chicken in it too and let it cook with the chicken in a pan, and pour it over rice and steamed veggies when cooked all the way and mixed with the chicken juice [cooked].

Best Answer

I've had leg cramps since I was a kid ( half a century ago) and find them worse in the summer. A doctor once told me that not keeping hydrated enough can cause a potassium imbalance.

What works for me if I'm getting a run on those charley horses is to increase my water intake; eating a banana and drinking a little OJ also helps.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Ask your doctor if he ever heard of Quinine Sulfate for leg cramps - it was over the counter till the government in its wisdom banned it since some people wrongly assumed it was still effective against malaria. I used to take 1 pill which worked inside of 10 minutes. Since I can't buy it at the drugstore any more, the tonic water is the best substitute! Also, Mineral Ice will eventually stop the cramps.

I am looking for the recipe using apple cider vinegar, ginger juice, and garlic juice.

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

I have never heard of it being Amish but just mix apple cider vinegar and water in a 1 to 4 ratio.