Crocheted Leg Warmer Pattern

Category Patterns
Make yourself some leg warmers by crocheting them in whatever pattern you like. This is a guide about crocheted leg warmer pattern.

I am looking for crochet pattern for legwarmers sized to fit children ages 7 and 3.

By Fran Morris from Arlington,VA

Answers

Best Answer

You don't need a pattern - Here's how I've done them in the past:
This "pattern" is worked from top to bottom, then from bottom to top & not "in the round" & not side-to side... This way you get "ribs" & it looks like it's knit & it stretches & has more give too!

To Begin:
Just decide how long you want the leg warmers to be (usually the length from the top of your foot to the bottom of your knee, (pretend that is 20 inches) then add half of that amount again so they can "slouch" (pretend that would be would be 10 inches)...

So if these were really your measurements, you'd need the leg warmers to be 30 inches long & this is what you'd do:

-- Starting Chain row: You'd make a chain that's 30 inches long...
-- Row 1: then do a half-double crochet across the length of the 30 inches of chain (1 half-double in each chain).
-- Row 2: next row, do a row of single crochet in only the back loop of each half-double crochet from the previous row.
-- Row 3: half-double crochet in the back loop only of the single crochet row
-- Repeat row 2, & row 3 (alternating single crochet in one row, then half-double crochet the next & so on, doing all stitches in the back loops ONLY of each previous row)

Keep trying this leg warmer on & when it' fits around your calf plus several inches you are done & can make the second one (be sure it's big enough to slip over your foot & ankle or shoe) then sew (or slip-stitch) together the beginning & ending rows to form a ring, using matching yarn to form a circle that looks like the top part of a sock.

* A Note: I didn't mention that you'll need to crochet 2 chains up before turning to start the next rows on the double crochet rows & do 1 chain before turning the single crotchet row. These measurements are only examples, you'll need to measure your own calves for exact figures.

Here's a bunch of Crocheted Leg Warmer Patterns you can purchase for under $5:
http://www.etsy  eted+leg+warmers

PS: You can also make some nice leg warmers with just granny squares. Use all one color yarn or go crazy with color. It works best if you add a crocheted ribbing on the top & bottom after sewing everything together.

* For extra stretch on any crocheted or knitted legwarmers, use clear elastic. you can either crochet over the elastic to hold it on or thread it in & out of the ribbing using clear stretch beading cord or super-thin clear or colored elastic (like bobbin elastic). I like to use the clear beading elastic & I use a large-eyed needle to weave it in & out of the tops & bottoms of the leg warmers. I prefer my leg warmers are crocheted out of super-wash wool so they keep me warm even in the coldest weather!

I want to make leg warmers for an average size woman. I have no measurements, and since it is a gift, I can't ask for them. Thanks.

By Donna

Answers

I suggest Knittingparadise.com If you request help on that site I'm sure someone can help. It's not for knitters only so crochet information is also available.

You could also try this site:
http://crochet.  het_Patterns.htm

Use the search engine if you don't see what you are looking for in her free pattern index. I learned how to crochet from this site, and have really enjoyed using the patterns and ideas posted there.

I need a pattern for leg warmers to crochet, can anyone help me?

Vone from IA

Answers:

Crocheted Leg Warmer Pattern

I have a lot of patterns, but they also have some at crochetnmore.com. I think.

Bugs (04/11/2005)

By Debra LeBarron

Crocheted Leg Warmer Pattern

Leg Warmers

Convert this knit to easy crochet. These leg warmers will be most appreciated in the dead of winter when temperatures plummet and winds wail, but be sure to have them crocheted and ready to wear. Directions are given for size 9-11. You will need two 4 ounce, skeins of 4 ply yarn and sizes I and K crochet hooks.

Gauge: 3 hdc equal 1 inch
Starting at lower edge with smaller hook, ch 30, join with sl st to form ring, ch 2, do not turn.
Row 1: Sc in each ch, join with sl st in top of ch-2, ch 2, do not turn.
Rows 2 through 8: Repeat Row 1.
Row 9: With larger hook, ch 2, hdc in each sc across, join with sl st in top of ch-2, ch 2, turn.
Repeat Row 9 to length desired, after last sl st, ch 2, do not turn.

(08/29/2005)

By Jean

Crocheted Leg Warmer Pattern

Lion Brand Yarn web site has a free leg warmer pattern for children that can be adapted to an adult size. (02/10/2008)

By dixiedog

Crocheted Leg Warmer Pattern

There is a site called knitting-crochet.com check it out. (09/27/2008)

By Perkins

I am looking for instructions or a pattern for crocheting leg warmers.

Karen D.

Answers:

Crocheted Leg Warmer Pattern

knitting-crochet.com (10/12/2009)

By Marjorie

Crocheted Leg Warmer Pattern

About 20 years I made some for my girls by working sc in rounds for cuff top and bottom and working dc between. Just measure and make sure legging will stretch enough. (10/14/2009)

By P