Remove Pen From The Wall

My 2 year old daughter got a hold of a black ink pen and marked several times on my wall. Any advice on how to get it off, without taking the paint off the wall? Besides repainting the wall.

By Rachel from Jacksonville, FL

Remove Pen From The Wall

Use a cheap brand of toothpaste with baking soda and a warm wet washcloth. Gently scrub the pen off the paint. No stains from any cleaning sprays. (10/17/2009)

By tami333

Remove Pen From The Wall

Toothpaste works, but it has to be a white paste gel, and not coloured. (10/20/2009)

By catastrofy

Remove Pen From The Wall

Try hand sanitizer. I used it on my counters at work and it took off all the ink. (10/21/2009)

By Danialle

Remove Pen From The Wallpaper

Hey all, great news! My 2 year old niece drew with a pen all over my passage which is covered with white wallpaper. We successfully removed it with Brasso Polish. A bit of scrubbing and rubbing needed, but works brilliantly. Cheers (01/06/2010)

By Yolande

Remove Pen From The Wall

I used Brasso too, great tip, came off very quickly and it was a DVD marker used by the "artist". (06/30/2010)

By mybeck

Remove Pen From The Wall

It's the alcohol in the hand sanitizer that's doing the trick. Just plain old rubbing alcohol will do the same thing and it's cheaper. (10/23/2010)

By sleepypants

Remove Pen From The Wall
markers in holder
Pen and Pencil Holder Ideas
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Make Your Own Bleach Pen
Make Your Own Bleach Pen
carrot pen in pen holder
Bunny Bottom Pen Holder