Removing Blood Stains

How do I remove a blood stain from the mattress cover? Mattress covers are very expensive and I just don't want to throw away. Any suggestions? Thank you.

By swasti

Answers:

Removing Blood Stains

hydrogen peroxide (11/25/2009)

By notwrong

Removing Blood Stains

Go and get some pet enzyme spray. It dissolves and processes organic stains, including blood. Store brands are less. (11/25/2009)

By PIKKA

Removing Blood Stains

Hydrogen peroxide is the secret. Put a clean rag under the mattress pad and then just pour some peroxide on the blood. Watch it disappear right before your eyes! (11/25/2009)

By emeraldeagle68

Removing Blood Stains

Definitely hydrogen peroxide, cheap and effective. Ambulance attendants keep it on hand for that very purpose. (11/25/2009)

By Nikki66

Removing Blood Stains

Meat tenderizer like Adolf's. I would get a mattress cover despite the cost because they aren't nearly as expensive as a mattress -- I just googled "mattress cover" and clicked on Shopping - 3M has them $6 new.
www.essortment.com/home/simplemattress_skif.htm
Scotchguard too for after you get the stain removed.

I still have a bed that has a mattress cover my mom made from "Ticking".It's the blue/white (sometimes red or black and white) stripped heavy fabric like denim used alot for bedding until crafters/seamstresses started using it to make clothing and so on. (11/28/2009)

By melody_yesterday

Removing Blood Stains

Try dabbing it with hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball as blood is a protein base this will react to it and bubble up and take it up easy. (11/29/2009)

By dcsprsmm

Removing Blood Stains

If the stain has not had a chance to set, I have had excellent luck with soaking stuff in shampoo. After the stain is mostly out, then I toss it in the washer with vinegar and it comes out sparkling clean. For set in stains, hydrogen peroxide works well. (12/06/2009)

By crazyliblady

Removing Blood Stains
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress
🎄