Removing Candle Wax on Leather Furniture

I have a huge brown leather chair that one of the kids dumped a melted candle on. The candle was light blue. I thought when it cooled I could just peel the wax off but to no avail. I heard I could use an iron and a brown paper bag on furniture, but have never heard it used on leather. I am hesitant to try it. Is there anything I can do to get this wax off without ruining the chair? Thanks!

Mom of 6 1/2

You may be able to heat the wax with a hair dryer. Then as it melts wipe it up. I have used this method before, but not on leather. (01/19/2005)

By Aimee

Try putting an ice bag on the was and chill it thorougly. It should make the wax harder and easier to chip off the leather. The blow dryer idea would probably work too. Just treat the area afterwards to re moisturize the leather. If any color remains, try saddle soap to recondition and clean the leather. (01/20/2005)

By cjgeo

If cattle are branded, I would think they could withstand a little blow dry. (12/21/2005)

By the Oracle

Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Man's hands cleaning a leather couch.
Leather Furniture Cleaner Recipes