Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Remove chewing gum from your child's hair by rubbing a spoonful of peanut butter into the gum, leave on for a bit and then wipe the mess out with a paper towel. Shampoo. You might have to do the peanut butter thing twice if the gum is a really huge chunk. Beats cutting out a chunk of hair like my mom did to me!

By Linda

Answers:

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

I am a hairdresser and we use mayonnaise. It works great and conditions too.

By Stacy from El Paso

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Try ice cubes. It will freeze the gum and when its hard you can break it away. Works for gum in the carpet too.

By eve

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Rub the chewing gum with peanut butter, mayonnaise or oil.

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

If your child has gum stuck in his or her hair, simply use an ice cube on the area. It takes a little work, but it works like a charm!

By Robin

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Peanut butter always worked best for me. I have two girls with very long hair;and when they were small I used the peanut butter.

By sshep

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Rub perfume into the gum and it comes right out.
This also works on gum on clothes.(quote)(/quote)

By cheryl H.

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Mom had given up! I searched the internet and found the peanut butter suggestion for removing the chewing gum from hair. It worked just great, a bit messy but so worth the effort.

By a grateful Grandma

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

I really did think that the suggestion of peanut butter or mayonnaise to remove chewing gum from hair was a joke but we tried the mayonnaise in my 9 year old's hair and it really did work. Thanks for the tip!

By Louise

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Thank you very much for a million dollar tip. Peanut butter worked like magic for me. Cheers.

By Max

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

My wife just used this method on my 6 yr old daughter, who rolled over some sticky stringy gum. IT WORKED! No cutting of the hair (that was above the ear). Fabulous

By Steven Rapp

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Thank you so much - I put chewing gum in my boyfriends hair during a play fight and the mayonnaise worked well!
We are friends again!

By Vilma

Removing Gum from Hair
Removing Gum from Hair
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄