Removing Gum from Hair

If your child gets chewing gum stuck in their hair use peanut butter to get it out. Using your thumb and forefinger rub the peanut butter on the hair and the gum miraculously disappears! Use a little at a time until the gum is gone. Works every time! Of course, you then have to wash the peanut butter out of their hair.

By Sharon from Silver Spring, MD

8 More Solutions

Tips for removing gum from hair. Post your ideas.

To get out chewing gum stuck or attached to hair, rub the chewing gum with oil or butter. Rinse or wash the hair normally.

I am looking for tips on how to get gum out of hair.

By Spike001 from Canada

Answers

Peanut butter-rub it into the gum real good and wash hair.

Slop a glob of peanut butter on it, massage it around, and then rinse-shampoo if necessary.

Yep, a third vote for peanut butter. You can also freeze the gum with ice and then just break off the hardened gum. It comes out really easily at that point. Good luck!

Another vote for peanut butter. The ice is nice, but why bother? The peanut butter takes a minute, give or take, and you don't have to hold the frozen melting ice cube on the gum. LOL

When I think of gum in hair the smell of peanut butter always hits me :) I guess I never learned my lesson growing up, I had the peanut butter on my head quite a few times, and it worked like a charm!

Goo-gone! My daughter got gun in her hair and it pulled it out.. as well as lovely fresh fast acting window caulking. I have no idea why but she did, and I am talking clear down to her scalp. Using goo-gone was the only thing we could find that would get it out of her hair. Nothing else worked.

worked like a charm <3

Answer this Question

Coca-Cola can be used for many cleaning tasks around the home, even removing gum from hair. This is a page about using Coca-Cola for removing bubble gum in hair.

A piece of gum that is being removed from a child's hair.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you have some handy, baby oil works well to remove gum from hair. This is a page about use baby oil for gum in hair.

Girl Blowing Gum Bubble

Gum in hair. no problem. Rub a teaspoon of peanut butter in the gum. Rub a few minutes and it dissolves it completely.

How to get bubble gum out of hair. Apply peanut butter to the gummed area and rub and voila, the gum will release and remove easily.

Remove chewing gum from your child's hair by rubbing a spoonful of peanut butter into the gum, leave on for a bit and then wipe the mess out with a paper towel.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair TipsJanuary 23, 2013
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Gum-from-Hair-2.html