Removing Gum from Clothing

Heat some white vinegar in the microwave. pour some on the gum. Go get a toothbrush and brush it out. Save yourself the time of reading any further. It took me 30 seconds to get a big wad of nicorrette out of my jeans. There are a lot of posts that suggest freezing it or rubbing peanut butter into it or both. With all sincerity, trust me, the vinegar and toothbrush works perfectly.

18 More Solutions

I have found Lestoil works to remove chewing gum. I would assume that it would work on clothing as well as my daughter dropped her chewing gum on her bed sheet.

I was riding the bus and my friend told me that there was gum on my jacket. When I got home I told my mom to wash my jacket and she did, but the gum didn't come out. What should I do about it? Thanks.

By Nikki C.

Answers

Best Answer

Put peanut butter on it and then wash. I have tried this and it worked very well. Don't put the item in the dryer until you see if there is an oil mark, and if so just treat as usual.

Answer this Question

I washed and dried a cotton blend uniform dress with gum on it. How can I remove it?

By Ann

Answers

Best Answer

Take as much of the gum off using a dull knife or some other scraper like item, then use Goo Gone on the remainder of gum, then wash your item. In my opinion a bottle of Goo Gone should be in every home. Goo Gone is useful for thousand of sticky things. Just remember a little goes a long way.

Best Answer

Here is a simple but effective remedy for removing gum. Simply take an ice cube and "freeze" the gum.

Remove the frozen gum with a butter knife. Repeat the process until completely gone, then launder as usual.

Answer this Question

How do you get gum off of a shirt?

By Jackie

Answers

Best Answer

Hre's something I have done. It may sound messy, but try using plain peanut butter or veggie oil. The oil softens the gum so you can pull as much off as you can. Let it soak for about 10 minutes, rinse, then spot wash that area of the garment. Continue until all gum is removed.

Answer this Question
Load More

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 13, 2011
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf197004.tip.html