Removing Coffee and Tea Stains from Cups

To remove tea and coffee stains from cups or glasses, dampen a dishcloth or paper towel with water, then dip in baking soda and rub. This also works for baking dishes, like CorningWare.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Stubborn Tea and Coffee Stains

To get rid of stubborn tea and coffee stains in mugs add a good shake of detergent powder to a large bowl of water and leave the mugs in it overnight.

By Heather from Vermont

I've also found that it works well to use a tiny amount of cleanser, such as Comet, on those stains. It takes them off immediately and leaves a shining cup.

Post by Nancy from PA

Bleach and Water

You can all so put a little Bleach and full up with water. Wait for about 1/2 hr or so and it should be clean. You can all so put it in plastic cups. Then wash with soap and water.

Post by Judy from AR

Clorox Clean-up

Clorox Clean-up spray works great! I use it on my coffee pot all of the time, as well as my iced tea pitchers that get stained.

Post by Tawnda

Palmolive Super Scrub Gel Paste

I use Palmolive Super Scrub Gel Paste when washing my dishes on those coffee and tea stains. Works great and I don't have to leave the dishes to do later. You can find this in the dishwashing item dept. in your grocery store or Walmart. 17oz. blue bottle with white cap.

Post by badwater

The very best way to remove tea stains from a cup is to sprinkle table salt in the cup and rub with a soft cloth. My Mother passed this on to me and I have been using this method for fifty years. It works wonders and is not caustic.

Post by Jane

A Chinese method, simply use toothpaste. it removes the stains instantly. try it and you'll be amazed.

Post by msquirrel (06/13/2004)

Denture Cleaning Tablets for Coffee and Tea Cup Stains
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers