Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Removing Contact Paper From Windows

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I am trying to remove Contact paper off my upper bedroom window. It has become baked on after 4 yrs. I have used Awesome liquid (I buy it at the Dollar Store for $1), undiluted, to remove the glue from windows. However, the Contact paper is not coming off. I need help ASAP. The apartment posted a note on my door yesterday, saying it had to be off yesterday. I need to know what to remove it all today. (7-18-2012). Thank you.

By Loretta Marie

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Vicki 24 428 07/19/2012 Flag

Well, this is a little late for your deadline....but maybe it will be of help. I am currently removing wallpaper in my bathroom with straight vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray it on, give it a couple of minutes and the wallpaper is coming off like a charm. I don't know about contact paper, not tried it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Karen 11 35 07/20/2012 Flag

Hi -Have you tried 'G00-Gone"? I get it in a spray bottle, but I believe it comes in small regular bottles. I wouldn't be without it. It takes the glue off all the sticky labels on things. It should work on the glue left from the contact paper.
Hope it works!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes