Removing Contact Paper From Windows

I am trying to remove Contact paper off my upper bedroom window. It has become baked on after 4 yrs. I have used Awesome liquid (I buy it at the Dollar Store for $1), undiluted, to remove the glue from windows. However, the Contact paper is not coming off. I need help ASAP. The apartment posted a note on my door yesterday, saying it had to be off yesterday. I need to know what to remove it all today. (7-18-2012). Thank you.

By Loretta Marie

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Well, this is a little late for your deadline....but maybe it will be of help. I am currently removing wallpaper in my bathroom with straight vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray it on, give it a couple of minutes and the wallpaper is coming off like a charm. I don't know about contact paper, not tried it.

Hi -Have you tried 'G00-Gone"? I get it in a spray bottle, but I believe it comes in small regular bottles. I wouldn't be without it. It takes the glue off all the sticky labels on things. It should work on the glue left from the contact paper.

Hope it works!

Answer

Hand holding a squeegee swiping soap off a window.
Cleaning Windows (Inside and Outside)
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJuly 18, 2012
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Uses for Contact Lens Cases, Green and white contact lens case.
Uses for Contact Lens Cases
woman cleaning
Removing Glue Residue Left By Contact Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 21, 2016 at 12:14:59 PM on 10.0.2.196 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.