Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Contact Paper From Windows

I am trying to remove Contact paper off my upper bedroom window. It has become baked on after 4 yrs. I have used Awesome liquid (I buy it at the Dollar Store for $1), undiluted, to remove the glue from windows. However, the Contact paper is not coming off. I need help ASAP. The apartment posted a note on my door yesterday, saying it had to be off yesterday. I need to know what to remove it all today. (7-18-2012). Thank you.

By Loretta Marie

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Karen [5]07/20/2012

Hi -Have you tried 'G00-Gone"? I get it in a spray bottle, but I believe it comes in small regular bottles. I wouldn't be without it. It takes the glue off all the sticky labels on things. It should work on the glue left from the contact paper.
Hope it works!

By Vicki [21]07/19/2012

Well, this is a little late for your deadline....but maybe it will be of help. I am currently removing wallpaper in my bathroom with straight vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray it on, give it a couple of minutes and the wallpaper is coming off like a charm. I don't know about contact paper, not tried it.