Removing Cooking Odors From Your Home

Delicious and flavorful foods like fish or curry can often cause lingering odors in the kitchen.This guide is about removing cooking odors from your home.

Odors from cooking food.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I tried everything to rid the house of the odor that was left after frying a wonderful fish dinner. The only thing that worked was "Yankee" candle. I used lemon/lavender and had it on about two hours. No spray even came close to ridding the house of day old fish smell.

By rosemarybarry2 from Loveland CO

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Boil vinegar and water on stove for a few minutes. Works for old cigarette smoke odor also.

Best Answer

I have tried the vinegar on the stove thing but nothing works as well as the "pure air" candle I just bought from my local Oreck store. They said it would even take the bacon smell out and it did. I also tried it with fried redfish and it works. I think burning candles works the best.

Read More Answers...

I fried pancakes 2 days ago and can't get rid of the fried oil smell. Can anybody help?

By Maziebabe from Redditch

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For me, I'll do the same thing is to clean but when you are actually doing it open the windows or doors so that it'll take the smell away that's what I usually do when I cook things.

Read More Answers...

I am a university student and this year I have two foreign students from China living with me. Their food has a very strong smell, and they cook 3 times a day, sometimes more.

I clean twice a week, scrub every surface I can with either Mr. Clean or bleach and water, and the house smells fresh again. As soon as they cook again though, the entire house reeks to the point that its making me sick.

I've tried bowls of vinegar, baking soda, Febreze, air fresheners, boiling water and cinnamon and vinegar. They all help but they do not kill the odor, and I need something that will deodorize all day long. I'm at the end of my rope, and cannot find a solution, any ideas?

Candice from Windsor, ONT, Canada

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try boiling vinegar on the stove. You can use straight vinegar or add some water. If it's grease on the walls, then you need to spray the walls with vinegar and wipe.

Read More Answers...

How do I get rid of the fish odor which lingers throughout the house? I have tried lemon, vinegar, and disinfectant sprays to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

By Rickie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Get some Fresh-Wave spray, and use that.

check on google where you can buy it in your area.

Read More Answers...

After frying fish or something that leaves a lingering odor in the house. Put out several bowls with about a 1/2 cup white vinegar, particularly in the kitchen, for several hours or overnight. The odor will disappear. By Pam Rose

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

When frying fish in the house after frying fish, use apple cider vinegar. Boil in a large or medium pot for between thirty minutes and an hour. Watch closely and you will not smell fish in your place. Try it, you will like the difference. It will smell very fresh and nice.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A cup of vinegar set on the kitchen counter will help eliminate kitchen odors.

After cooking fish, broccoli or anything with an odor, simply set a bowl of vinegar in the room overnight and the odor will be gone.

By Debra from Hampton, Tennessee

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Help! my house mate is a wimp when it comes to garlic odor. I need to remove the smell so I can continue cooking.

- Valerie Smith

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Boil a pot of water with cinnamon in it. It will take most odors out in a room. Lana - Des Plaines, IL

Read More Answers...
    Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsApril 10, 2013
    cigarette smell computer
    Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
    Odor in a Room
    Removing Odors in a Room
    large couch
    Removing Odors from Furniture
    Coconuts
    Cooking With Coconut Oil
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 1, 2016 at 9:05:03 PM on 10.0.2.81 in 690 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.