Removing Cooking Oil Stains from Clothing

How can you get oil out white clothes and T shirts? I mean cooking oils.

By Kathryn from Lexington, KY

Answers:

I find that Dawn dish washing liquid works well to remove oil from clothes. Just squeeze onto stain and throw in washer. (08/14/2010)

By bejay22

My sister swears by brown soap, and she says it's available in all supermarkets. I had some strains on a shirt that were still there after being washed and then dried. I thought for sure they would never come out because they were "cooked in" after going through the dryer. I wet the stains and rubbed the brown soap all over the stains and washed again, and the stains were gone! (08/18/2010)

By DorothyNYC

I use a stain remover such as Shout. Amway makes a good stain remover as well, but I find it difficult to get the products locally. Saturate the oil spots well with the stain remover, let sit for a bit, then launder in warm water. This will work, even if the stain is an old one and has gone through the dryer. (08/18/2010)

By louel53

Bottle of olive oil.
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎄