Removing Corns From Feet

Corns on your feet can be very painful. This is a guide about removing corns from feet.

May 10, 2010 Flag

I'm on my feet 8 hours a day and they're very painful, in between the ball of my feet and the heel. I have lumps of round hard skin a bit like a corn with what looks like a small lump in the center.

I've used Bazuka that gets rid of the hard skin, but the center bit is still there. I just can't get that out. It just keeps coming back. Please can you help? It's on both feet.

By Joan from Liverpool

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is going to sound strange, but one thing you can do is to soak your feet every few days in a dishpan of hot soapy water for half an hour & also every time you take a bath or shower at the end, when your skin is soft & waterlogged, take your fingernails & scrape off the top layer of dead skin cells (you will be surprised how much comes off!). If you do this often & buy shoes that have lots of room & fit well, your corns will can away. You can also take an emery board to file the area when the skin is hard & dry on the days you don't soak your feet. Buy a pack of 30 emery boards at a dollar store & use a new one every time.

To remove that center, you may have to use a wart remover. They use Salicylic Acid to kill the skin cells so it eventually comes off. This may take several weeks.

This is going to sound strange too, but when I get them on my feet. I use Ponds Cold Cream, the original. I think it has green lettering. I slather it on the corn and keep adding more and working it in and eventually the center 'eye' becomes loose and I can pull it out. the skin on the outside of the corn comes off too. this is an overnight treatment. I don't know why ponds works, but it does, but it has to be ponds.

Forgot one thing; when the balls of my feet hurt I use one of those foot scrapers that look like a cheese grater. not the pedileg thing or what ever it's name is. Soak your feet in warm water with soap in it for as long as you can. dry your feet completely. Then take this cheese grater thing and scrub the balls of your feet. the dead skin will come off, callouses and you'll feet better soon.

This is gonna sound crazy, but soak your feet every few days in a dishpan full of hot water and meat tenderizer. (use plain un-seasoned tenderizer)

This will help the layers of dead skin become soft. You can remove a layer of this skin at a time by rubbing it off. Use a rough washcloth to do this. Don't rub too hard, or rub down to the "pink" skin which will cause the skin to be sore, and cause more problems.

After drying your feet, while they are still nice and warm, slather on lots of Crisco shortening, and put on white socks, and wear them to bed. You'll be so surprised the next day.

It will take several times of soaking to remove all of this dead skin that has built up over a while. Even diabetics are able to remove dead skin, corns, and callouses this way.

It sounds like you might have plantar warts and for those you should go to a podiatrist.

I'm with Maryeileen. My sister had Plantar warts, and my daughters and I have had them also. To my knowledge, only surgery gets these out.

January 17, 2012 Flag

What is the best way to remove a very hard corn at the tip (just beyond the toenail) of a toe? My toe often hurts due to the corn.

By Loisanne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi! I have never personally experienced this, but when I read your question, I was reminded of this site I recently came across:

http://www.versatilevinegar.org/usesandtips.html

If you scroll down to the "Health" section, you will see how to treat toenail fungus and warts with a vinegar solution. So far, everything I have tried from this site has worked! I took about a 30 minute bath with a cup of white vinegar added to it and I have never been so exfoliated in my whole life, which is why I'm guessing this works for these other things as well - the acid is mild enough to use on your body, but effective enough to remove some nasty ailments. This is only my 2nd post on this site and they both have vinegar in the answer! I have a feeling that will be pretty standard for me! I know I'm keeping vinegar on hand all the time now, and discovering new uses every day! Anyway, I hope this helps, and good luck!

Go to a foot doctor (podiatrist)! He/she can remove it safely...especially if you are diabetic. Don't mess around with "remedies".

I disagree with LeeAnn but Only if you're not diabetic. I seldom ever go to the doctor and always try home remedies first. I they weren't safe I'd think Dr. Oz and The Doctors would not be promoting them. I'm a senior citizen and take no prescriptions drugs of any kind. Nearly every prescription drug I've ever taken I've had drug reactions, some minor and one that sent me to the ER. Do an online search like DukeTheDoctor.com.

Hi been to podiatrist three times £120 later still got the corn and I am diabetic so I'm will try other options

March 18, 2010 Flag

How can I remove corns from my feet without surgery?

By Violet from Philadephia, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

There are some Dr. Scholl's corn removal products for sale in drugstores. They do work but are not quick so you must be patient in using them.

Honest to goodness, I've heard that real Duct tape works for warts and corns!

I have hard corns on my toes just the two middle toes. I hate it my feet are very pretty but not with them two corns.

Use apple cider vinegar. Dip cotton ball in it, then ducktape to foot for overnight.

May 10, 2010 Flag

I need something or a home remedy to remove corns on my feet. I have one on my little toe that I can't get rid of.

By rforbes

Answers:

Removing Corns from Toes

I had one on each little toe on the side of the toe beside the nail. Apparently it's from my toes rubbing against my shoes or boots. Anyway, as I was clipping my toe nails one day I decided to clip this corn. I clipped it with the nail clippers until it was gone. I didn't feel a thing while clipping it. I just kept clipping it away until it was totally removed. They did grow back and I would clip it out again, and again and now they are totally gone and haven't returned. (08/06/2009)

By lorraina

Removing Corns from Toes

Try applying a small amount of Vicks vapor rub nightly, I know it's worked on my corns, calluses, and extra dry places. It works on toenail fungus, also. (08/07/2009)

By BABBIE

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 5, 2009 Flag

How do you remove corns from toes? What is the quickest way without surgery?

By niesha from Syracuse, NY

Answers:

Removing Corns from Toes

I had painful corns on my little toes for a long time. I tried every otc remedy available. One day, I got a small plastic dish pan, put in hot water with a little dish soap added, and had an electric kettle at my side. I sat on the couch, and spent 30 minutes soaking my feet. Adding water as hot as I could stand after it began to cool. I had a nail brush, and a paddle like thing you use on heels, one with a buffer type thing that you use on your heels and bottom of feet. After I dried off my feet. I worked with my fingers loosening the corn with my fingers. I dried my feet, rubbed the "sander" on my corns and feet.

The next day I repeated the above. The corns came off that day. I put some foot cream on my feet, and let it go. A few days later, the corns were all out. Be sure to put on some antiseptic on the toes, and a non-medicated corn pads on them for a few days, and those nasty corns never ever came back. That was 5 years ago. You just have to spend time on this, but a week of caring for my feet, was worth the 5 years to date of the peace and no pain were well worth it. My foot MD was awed on my method. I also put Tea Tree oil on them for about two weeks after to assure no infection set in the toes. I am a happy walker now. No more pain. Try it. Good luck. (06/05/2009)

By islandsage

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Health & Beauty AdviceFebruary 12, 2013
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Stinky Feet on Hardwood Floor
Remedies for Stinky Feet
🎉
🎄