Removing Dried Paint From Carpet

Category Carpet
Dried Paint From Carpet
Getting paint on the carpet while painting a room is a common mishap. This is a guide about removing dried paint from carpet.

How do I get gray paint that is already dried off a white carpet? I was painting my room two days ago, and as usual I put a sheet underneath the bucket of paint. There were many spills on the sheet, and I didn't notice until yesterday that the paint went through the sheet. Help?

By Gabrielle L from NH

Go to Home Depot and get some "Goof Off". It's petroleum based and smells pretty strong, but it will remove the paint. You'll find it in the paint department.

There's a similar product called Goo Gone, but it doesn't work as well on dried paint.

Stay away from products that will leave a huge oil stain on your carpet such as, goof-off, goo-gone, WD40.

What you need is "Sav-a-Brush" sold by Red Devil Paint.com

that is the only product that will take dried paint out of materials. You can also call them 1-800-423-3845 Ext. 3036

Price is about $2.50 a bag. This is a very old product used by my grandfather and great grandfather. That is how I found it. It is a powder you mix with water. It disolves dried paint in just a few short miniutes and won't hurt your carpet.

Can anyone tell me how to get white paint, that has already dried, off of dark brown carpet? Thanks.

By of

There is only one product I have ever came across that will actually remove dried paint from material and unfortunately they do not sell it in stores anymore. The product is called "Save a Brush" and has been around for about 100 years. It is however still made but the only way to get it is to order it directly from the manufacturer. Red Devil Paints.com product name- Save a Brush. This is a powder you mix with water and then soak your garment in it.

For carpet, I would lay a rag soaked in it over the spot. After the paint has softened, you will need to either comb or brush it out of the fibers of the carpet. If possible, get Red Devils phone# and talk to one of the customer service people. I would ask them if it would fade the brown color. I have used the product many,many times but not on something that was brown so... wouldn't hurt to ask.

The only other thing I can think of is to shave the paint off of the carpet using a razor. You could also cut the spot out and using a patch of the same carpet from the back of a closet or any other hidden spot, sew it into the spot that you removed. I've done this before many times also. After a few days, you can't even tell there is a patch there.

How do I get dried paint out of carpet?

By Raymond