Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

It's easy to get paint on your clothing, and it can be very difficult to be removed after the paint has dried. This is a guide about removing dried paint on clothing.

How do I remove off white paint from black pants?

By

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

This afternoon my teenage son came home after helping a friend paint his grandmothers fence frantic because he got white paint on his bright purple name brand pants. I told him I didn't think there was anything we could do, but of course mama had to try. I went to my old go to impossible stain remover and voila, worked like a charm so I knew I had to share! I used 91% rubbing alcohol & a little patience. I work in small sections applying enough alcohol to lightly saturate the area & then I blot it with a clean towel (rag). There no color fading or piling!

I had my favorite white t-shirt on and I got some blue paint on my collar. I then by mistake put it with the laundry and I'm not too sure how to get it off, does anybody know how? Thanks.

By William

Answers

Best Answer

Normally everyone will tell you it can not be taken out and for the most part that is the way it is, except for this one little product that has been around for over one hundred years. It is called," Sav-a-Brush" made by Red Devil Paint.

It is no longer sold in stores and must be ordered directly.

It is a powder you add to water and soak your clothes in. Made for painters when throwing away drop cloths or painter's overalls were just plain not done. It costs about $2.99 Order at Red Devil Paint.com or call 1 800-423-3845 ext 3036

Can small dried paint stains be removed from a navy blue jacket?

By Glenn from Jacksonville, TX

Answers:

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

Have you tried Goof Off? It's relatively inexpensive and a little goes a long way. (01/21/2011)

By Mightyma86

How do I take paint out of clothing?

By Elisa Cueto from Little Neck, NY

When I finished my painting lesson in school, the paint spilled on me and now I can't wear my uniform anymore. What can I do?

By Nathasha from Singapore

Answers:

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

Try soaking it in white vinegar. (Just the spot). White vinegar will remove completely dried paint off paintbrushes, there is no reason to think it won't work on clothes. Essentially it is ruined anyway, unless you get the paint off, I don't think you have anything to lose in trying. (08/06/2010)

By Vicki

How do I remove latex paint from clothing?

By lori-jean from PSL, FL

Answers:

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

I have not tried this on clothes, but white vinegar will take dried paint off paint brushes. It has to soak a good while. (06/15/2010)

By Vicki

Removing Dried Paint on Clothing

I don't think you can do this. I've learned the hard way to have a painting outfit. So I have a pair of my husband's old pants and a raggedy shirt that is splattered with white primer and then gold and mauve paint.

If you don't have really old clothes, it's time to visit the thrift store. (06/16/2010)

By Terri

How do I remove dried latex paint from blue jeans?

I need to know how to get dry paint out of clothes.

How do you remove dry paint from clothing?