Removing Permanent Marker from Dried Clothing

Permanent marker is called that because it is difficult to remove. Once it has gotten onto clothing which is subsequently dried the task of removing it becomes more difficult, but not always impossible. This is a guide about removing permanent marker from dried clothing.

How do I remove ink from clothes that have already been washed and dried?

By AR

Answers

Best Answer

Take twenty mule team and Dawn dish soap. Add 3 table spoons of water. Make a paste and put on stain right away. Take a small stiff brush or a stiff bristle toothbrush and scrub stain. Then let set on garment for at least 10 minutes then add 2 more table spoons of water to paste and rub it a little then l as launder as usual. Always check garment to see if stain is gone before drying. If stain is still there, repeat all steps. This remedy has never failed me.

How do I get black permanent marker stains out of an orange 100% cotton t-shirt that has already been washed and then dried in the dryer?

By Marilyn M.

I've read all the great suggestions for removing permanent marker from clothing. But what if they have already been washed and dried before realizing the marker was in the wash? Nothing has worked and I'm afraid the stains have been heat set.

By sally schwartz from St Louis, MO

How do I get permanent marker out of washed and dried clothes?

Meredith from NC

Answers:

Clothes Washed and Dried with Permanent Marker

Saturate the stain with hair spray and then wash as you normally would. You may have to wash it a few times with the hair spray, but it does remove the marker.

(11/28/2007)

By Karyn