Removing Paint Stains from Dried Clothing

On one school, dress my daughter has a large paint stain (I believe the paint to be acrylic) from art, on another, she has made many (but smaller) more. Both have been washed and dried. They are 65% polyester and 35% cotton. Your help is urgently needed and much appreciated.

By Frances from S.A.

Answers

Best Answer

I went to a goodwill store years ago and found a jean jacket with paint on it. The cashier told me to use hairspray. I did and it worked. You simply spray the area and rub it together. If it doesn't come out, don't dis pare, simply SPRAY some more and rub again. Repeat until it is gone! Believe me, it made my days, and I have used that tip often.

Answer this Question

5 More Questions

My husband works at Big O Tire and he left a white paint marker in his shirt. I washed and dried the clothes and now I white white paint spots everywhere. How do I get it out?

Answers

Best Answer

Since you dried the clothes the following steps may not work, but you can try:

Step 1
Dampen a cloth with rubbing alcohol.

Step 2
Saturate tbe stains.

Step 3
Fill a pail with 2 gallons of warm water.

Step 4
Add a scoop of detergent.

Step 5
Soak a half hour.

Step 6
Launder as usual. Line dry.

Answer this Question

I have this white sweater and it's my favorite one, but I got paint on it and it's been washed and dried and nothing came out.

Answers

If you dried it may be set in. Try the following:

Sorry. This happened with my favorite pair of shorts tgst were a poly cotton blend and they were ruined, but I had an all cotton tee that I got it out by making a paste of regular Dawn dish soap not the fancy kinds or any other color and about 1 tbsp of baking soda. I put a white cloth behind the stain and massaged the paste in, let it set a few hours and it came off. The dryers may have set it as the only difference is I haven't used a dryer in years. Post back how it works. Best wishes!!

Answer this Question

My children got some paint on their clothing at Vacation Bible School. One was 95% cotton and 5% spandex. The other is 100% cotton. I don't know what kind of paint it is.

My children got some paint on their clothing at Vacation Bible School. One was 95% cotton and 5% spandex. The other is 100% cotton. I don't know what kind of paint it is. The paint did come off easily when they washed their hands. Any suggestions?

My daughter's skirt has purple paint stains on it and it has been washed and put into the dryer. It is 94% cotten and 6% spandex. What can I use to remove the paint stains?

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 27, 2017
🎃
😷
🌻
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf385111.tip.html