Removing Dye That Transferred in the Wash

I bought some new clothes. I always wash them before I wear them. When I took them out of the washer I saw one pair of pants had been dyed by another item in the washer. I tried everything to get it out.

I kept it wet and then one of my friends suggested I use Dawn dish detergent on it. I again went through the ritual of adding the Dawn and scrubbing the spots by hand. I could immediately see results. I kept scrubbing and low and behold all the dye came out of the pants and they looked new again. I washed them again and they looked brand new. The key to getting it out was keeping them wet and using the Dawn dish detergent on them.

By maphisx7 from VA

Answers:

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
Eggs in Colored Dye
Other Uses for Easter Egg Dye
🎄