Removing Excess Grease From Pepperoni

Category Food Fixes
Pepperoni Slices
Reducing the fat from this meat may help you reduce the calories and improve the appearance of your pizza. This is a guide about removing excess grease from pepperoni.

When making homemade pizza, try this to have a much less fatty pepperoni. Whether it is sliced by yourself or bought that way, line the disks up on a folded paper towel in a microwave safe dish and cover with another layer of folded towel. Repeat this layering and toweling until you have the amount of pepperoni you need. Microwave it on low for 15 to 30 seconds (start out on the lower seconds to make sure it doesn't get crisp). Remove the toweling and the fat from your meat and then top your pizza! So much better without the little pools of grease!

Good idea! I always like to blot the grease off my pizza but it would be better to do it before baking the pizza. Thanks for the tip.

your welcome !

Here's a bad deal along the same lines: I used to LOVE to go out for breakfast at the "mom & pop" restraunts instead of fast food but they would bring the greasiest sausage it seems every time ! I always would ask for extra napkins if there was no dispenser on the table but it seems it is the same everywhere I have ever tried !

The sausage was always so greasy that I ended up using at least 1/2" thick pile of napkins & then get the eye while squeezing the grease out or the pile of napkins on the end of the table would !

So, I wonder what anyone else does about this sort of situation where the meal is nice because of it being a sort of treat to not have to make it or clean it up afterwards yet it is also not exactly the healthiest meal in town !