Removing Grease from a Laminate Tabletop

Removing grease can be a stubborn cleaning job. To clean it from laminate table tops you will just need to try a variety of products until you find one the works. This is a guide about removing grease from a laminate tabletop.

I have a restaurant that has laminate table tops, but there are 3 tables that seem to catch grease in the air that settles on the tabletop. Now the tables seem to be sticky, but nothing seems to able to clean it off. I have tried commercial degreaser, Goof Off, Goo Gone, dishwashing soap, Windex, bleach, hot water, and baking soda. Nothing seems to work. I even tried lighter fluid as well. Help? When customers touch the top, it feels like the table is dirty, but it's these grease stains that I can not get rid off.
I am very close to ordering new table tops, but they are only 3 years old.
Thank you in advance!

Answers

Best Answer

It sounds like you have tried most types of recommended cleaners so I'm wondering if there is something special about these tables that has not happened to your other tables?
I would only recommend trying Bar Keepers Friend, Soft Scrub, or some of the automotive cleaners (but these can be strong so use caution).
You may have to go with adding plexiglass tops if none of the helps.

Try diluted blue Dawn. It's great for getting out grease.

It sounds like you've tried many of the go-to's. Have you tried hot vinegar/water solution?

If nothing works, instead of buying new tables, you can resurface these ones even by adding laminate to the tops.

Use a commercial de-greaser, like what mechanics use to clean engines with. You may have to apply it several times. Instead of ordering new tops, she about getting a plexiglass or glass sheet cut to cover it.