Browsing: Removing Gum from Hair

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Gum from Hair

Before the screaming begins or you get out the scissors, investigate alternative ways to get gum out of hair. This is a guide about removing gum from hair.

Removing Gum from Hair
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

September 11, 2009 Flag

To get bubble gum out of hair, just dab a little baby oil on your finger tips (depending on the size of the wad) and rub on the gum. It should just slide right off the hair with minimal mess!

By Beth B. from Lee, FL

May 10, 2010 Flag

If your child gets chewing gum stuck in their hair use peanut butter to get it out. Using your thumb and forefinger rub the peanut butter on the hair and the gum miraculously disappears! Use a little at a time until the gum is gone. Works every time! Of course, you then have to wash the peanut butter out of their hair.

By dusty6788 from Silver Spring, MD

July 23, 2009 Flag

I am looking for tips on how to get gum out of hair.

By Spike01 from Canada

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yep, a third vote for peanut butter. You can also freeze the gum with ice and then just break off the hardened gum. It comes out really easily at that point. Good luck!

Another vote for peanut butter. The ice is nice, but why bother? The peanut butter takes a minute, give or take, and you don't have to hold the frozen melting ice cube on the gum. LOL

When I think of gum in hair the smell of peanut butter always hits me :) I guess I never learned my lesson growing up, I had the peanut butter on my head quite a few times, and it worked like a charm!

Goo-gone! My daughter got gun in her hair and it pulled it out.. as well as lovely fresh fast acting window caulking. I have no idea why but she did, and I am talking clear down to her scalp. Using goo-gone was the only thing we could find that would get it out of her hair. Nothing else worked.

Read More Answers...

September 22, 2005 Flag

Tips for removing gum from hair. Post your ideas.

May 6, 2011 Flag

To get out chewing gum stuck or attached to hair, rub the chewing gum with oil or butter. Rinse or wash the hair normally.

May 10, 2010 Flag

Gum in hair. no problem. Rub a teaspoon of peanut butter in the gum. Rub a few minutes and it dissolves it completely. Then just wash peanut butter out of hair. All moms have freaked out over a hunk of gum in kids hair. No cutting of beautiful hair with this solution.

By Paula

Answers:

Removing Gum from Hair

My daughter had gum in her very long hair, only answer to that was to cut off very long hair very short. From now on my daughter is not allowed to have very long hair, she will have very short hair. (03/21/2008)

By Jenny

Removing Gum from Hair

This actually works. My daughter got chewing gum in her hair. I thought we would need to cut it out. I googled it and got your solution. May daughter says 'thanks' she didn't need to get her hair cut - and I'm still her favourite Mum:) (12/06/2008)

July 23, 2009 Flag

How to get bubble gum out of hair. Apply peanut butter to the gummed area and rub and voila, the gum will release and remove easily.

By Diana from La Cygne, KS

Answers:

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Maybe this is what we can use all that recalled peanut butter for. (02/16/2007)

By Allison

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Thank you so much, I used peanut butter and it came straight out in no time. (03/17/2007)

By Cheryl

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

Peanut Butter is amazing! Rub it in and keep working through the gum until it disappears before your eyes. Unbelievable! (04/06/2007)

By Susan

Removing Chewing Gum From eye lashes

My 4 yr old got Bazooka gum all over her eyes and eye lashes. We removed some with warm water before reading this. The peanut butter worked great! (05/19/2007)

By Katha

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

The peanut butter worked like a charm! Thanks for the advice! (06/04/2007)

By Christi

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

My sister in law used a little bit of olive oil in my niece's hair to remove the gum. Worked like a charm. (05/06/2008)

By Selena

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

We just removed gum from our granddaughter's hair using Avon's Skin So Soft. It smells much better, and works like a charm. (06/30/2008)

By Bigjohn

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

With my wife being out of town at a convention, I was horrified to see that my daughter had accidentally gotten a "large amount of chewing gum in her long brown hair. After googling "gum in hair removal" I came across this and 15 minutes later the gum was gone and her hair washed. Thanks so much. (07/14/2008)

By Ray

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

I got a huge chunk of chewing gum in my long hair and used ice cubes on either side of gum and brushed with a comb and worked perfectly without that sticky peanut butter mess! Good luck! (08/05/2008)

By Moe

Removing Chewing Gum From Hair

I came across a better solution. Just take hair mousse and use it on the gum. In a couple of minutes just comb out the gum. You should probably wash the hair afterward. I got it completely wrapped inside and it worked. (11/07/2008)

By Croat

February 13, 2007 Flag

Remove chewing gum from your child's hair by rubbing a spoonful of peanut butter into the gum, leave on for a bit and then wipe the mess out with a paper towel.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair TipsJanuary 23, 2013
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 4, 2016 at 4:35:24 PM on 10.0.0.15 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.