Removing Hair Dye from the Bathroom Wall

Anyone know if there is any way to get permanent hair dye off of painted walls?

Shisaiah

Answers:

After dying my hair last weekend, I discovered dye spots on the bathroom wall - something I was especially unhappy about as a renter ;)

I went after the spots with Ajax and a whole host of other cleaners before I finally resorted to using some Sno-Bowl (toilet bowl cleaner) and a sponge; the spots came right out! I was impressed.

Make sure you leave the bathroom window open if you use this method, however, as the smell of the cleaner tends to hang out for quite a while.

Happy dye-ing :)

By Ashley (02/12/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Thanks for the tip, gonna try it on my toilet lid that I dripped on a few weeks ago (02/14/2005)

By imaqt1962

One of my hair dresses told me you can get hair dye off your skin with more hair dye. Use the left over in your container and rub it on the spot. Maybe this will work for you. (02/20/2005)

By Monita Paulson

Try Oxy-Clean. I had hair dye on my bathroom carpet that had been there for about 3 or 4 months and after trying numerous things to remove it I made a strong solution of Oxy-Clean and it took it right out without much scrubbing. Hope it helps! (06/14/2005)

By tiffanyau

I dyed my hair and I didn't use the gloves its all over my hands i have tried a lot of things what do you think I should use to get this off? (07/03/2005)

By mallory

Way back in the day, eighth grade to be exact, me and my friend Teresa were dying the ends of our hair blue and managed to get blue hair dye all over the painted wall, and bathroom sink. Mix powder laundry detergent with water to make a paste and leave it on the dyed spot for 5-10 minutes and then wipe it off with a washrag. If it does not come of scrub it gently with the rag and water. (07/15/2005)

By cassidy

I tried Clorox toilet bowl cleaner because I didn't have Sno-Bowl and it worked! (12/20/2006)

By Suzie

How do I remove hair dye from the bath(not plastic). (03/21/2007)

By Hazel

Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎄