Removing Hair Dye from the Bathroom Wall

Does anyone know how to remove hair dye splatters on bathroom paint?

I used vinegar and Soft Scrub, but only had luck getting the dye off the painted walls.

These two didn't work on the painted cabinet, which is weird because the paint here is a kind of gloss and you'd think the dye would come off easier.

The dye came off easier on the walls which were painted with flat paint.

Thanks for your help.

Smoochie from Houston, TX

Answers:

I make a mess every single time I dye my hair. Bleach on a sponge gets it off walls and floors. Everything except the vanity which is painted with a high gloss stain. Yes, you would think it would come right off a finish like that. Weird, isn't it? (09/23/2007)

By perfume and powder

You might try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I was surprised what it can do. I bought a generic 2 pak at the Dollar Tree and they work just as good. (09/25/2007)

By ruthvalleygal

If it is white enamel paint, I just used some more white enamel paint and it covered it up. This was in an older house. (02/26/2008)

By ItGetsBetter

This is the absolute best way. Today, I did the same thing.
And came looking for ways to get it off. None of these solutions worked.

So, I was thinking of all the things, that I had in the house.
I remembered reading in a fashion magazine that using nail polish remover would work.
Sure enough it came right out. (05/11/2008)

My teenager got blue hair dye all over the bathroom. I tried vinegar all that did was take the paint of the wall (good thing it was a little spot) so I tried the toilet cleaner with bleach worked like a charm! Thanks everyone. (05/22/2008)

By Bonnie

This works every time! Especially on white walls. Put whitening tooth paste (I use Arm and Hammer with baking soda) on the spot and leave there over night. Simply wipe off the tooth paste in the morning and voowala. (08/11/2008)

By Ashley

Bathroom cleaner with bleach works great for getting it off hardwood floors and baseboards.
(08/11/2008)

By Christina

The only way I've found to get hair dye off the toilet lid and seat is to use Goof Off and a Scotch Brite pad. Works really well, but be careful because you are removing a thin layer of white coating as well. Good for one-time removal, but I wouldn't use it more than that. (10/04/2008)

By Julie

I just managed to get black hair dye on a white painted wooden door. You can get it out by dipping a damp cloth in vanish stain remover (the one for clothing) and then scrubbing the stain for about 10 minutes and it should fade and come out. Also, it didn't damage the door. (10/15/2009)

By tiffy_01

Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄