Removing Ink from Leather

How to get ink off of a leather chair?

Laura Willette from Owatonna, MN

Answers:

Removing Ink from Leather

How about trying Avon's Skin So Soft. Put a bit on a clean towel and gently rub the ink spot. (06/02/2006)

By Holly

Removing Ink from Leather

Absolutely Amazing! I used the 70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol trick on 2 day old ink on my tan leather sofa and it took it completely out with no damage. Fantastic trick! One I'll never forget, that's for sure. (06/20/2006)

By Felicia

Removing Ink from Leather

I just used alcohol on my leather couch and now instead of ink I have an ugly white space!

(b)Note:(/b) Always test in a place that won't show. Different dyes on leathers react differently. You could try touching it up with a matching shoe polish. Make sure that you buff it out so it doesn't stain someones clothing. (07/18/2006)

By Ellen.

Removing Ink from Leather

After being on vacation for a week, I came home and discovered black onk on my Baseball glove colored Italian leather. Oh no!! I used Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean and 70% Alcohol and it worked but took the color out. Then I tried after shave and it worked like a charm. Great idea! (07/23/2006)

By Shinnitta

Removing Ink from Leather

After a "no show" today by the manufacturer's representatives to remove the ink stains from my NEW leather sofa (never leave a puppy and a pen unattended), I decided to try it again myself. My previous attempt using household cleaners removed some of the dye from the brown leather! I CAREFULLY tried using alcohol and Q-tips and it helped. The ink stains were set in for a few weeks so the fact they are much lighter now is still a plus. I can gladly say it is no longer very noticeable and now neither the couch OR the puppy are destined for the trash! Thanks! (08/02/2006)

By Lorraine

Removing Ink from Leather

Thank you all of you. Brand new lether couches and my best freiends boy left ink on them. I cried. Then I tried the hairspray... It worked. Thank you so much! (09/23/2006)

By Nanette

Removing Ink from Leather

I tried the hairspray as well as the alcohol both took the color right out of my brown leather sofa so be very careful before trying these tips. I learned the hard way. (09/24/2006)

By Anna

Removing Ink from Leather

I used Vodka. Got the ink right off. (10/06/2006)

By Norm

photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄