Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

How can I remove week old blackberry jelly stains from carpet? My mother insists I try a little ammonia and water, and it will take it right out. I have a Dirt Devil carpet cleaner/extractor. But I don't want to go right to cleaning before the stain is out, and it gets set in there.

What about vinegar or baking soda? I want to try myself before being charged for a carpet cleaning. Nothing was done to it right after it happened, it has just been sitting there. Should I try the ammonia/water mix? Suggestions?

By jelimi from Portland, OR

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

Go ahead and try the ammonia/water solution. Even if it doesn't remove the stain, it won't hurt anything. It won't set the stain. I use an ammonia and water solution to clean lots of things.

If the ammonia doesn't do the trick, go out and buy a can of Spot Shot. It's a carpet spot cleaner that comes in a dark blue can with an orange top. I haven't found a stain on carpet yet that Spot Shot won't remove. (09/28/2009)

By Southern Saver

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

In the past, I have bought a product from a janitorial supply that removes red stains. You put a white towel over the spot and a steam iron on that, and the red dye wicks into the towel. Keep doing it until it is removed. (09/28/2009)

By rae ann

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet

Thanks. I did the ammonia and water and it worked great, no sign of blackberry at all! (09/29/2009)

By jelimi

Removing Jelly Stains from Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet