Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

My partner was using kerosene on pistons while rebuilding a car engine and now his clothes smell of kerosene. Can anyone help? Natural products preferred please.

Thank you.
LAMBCHOP from Western Australia

Answers:

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

I don't know if you have Borateem or borax in the grocery in Australia, but that is what I use to get gas out of my husband's clothes. It also helps to dry them outside, sometimes for a few days. Use 1/2 cup borax, the usual amount of soap, and the hottest water you can use. (09/15/2006)

By Carla B.

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

Try rubbing baking soda into the fabric. And put vinegar into the wash and rinse. (09/17/2006)

By JMRoss

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing

Thanks for the replies. I have found eucalyptus oil to do the job really well. Place 5-10 ml in your fabric dispenser. Fill up with water to full level and wash as usual. The smell of kerosene is gone for good. (09/30/2006)

By LAMBCHOP

Removing Kerosene Smells From Clothing
Blue Kerosene Bottle
Cleaning Kerosene Spilled in a Car
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Kerosene Heater
Using a Kerosene Heater
A colorful stack of new clothing.
Removing Chemical Odors From New Clothing
🎉
🎄