Removing Mildew from Leather

I need to remove mildew from my leather handbag from being left in a cupboard for about 4 months. We have rather a high humidity rate here, and so mildew tends to form pretty soon on articles left in closets.

By Mani Mare from Durban, South Africa

Answers:

Removing Mildew from Leather

Have you tried using saddle soap? (04/14/2010)

By laura343

Removing Mildew from Leather

Had the same problem. What worked for me is that I wiped the handbag with a damp cloth to remove the worst. Then I grabbed one of those shoe polish bottles with the sponge applicator (my handbag was black so it was easy to match color), and gave the bag a good going over with the shoe polish. I allowed it to dry, and it now looks like new! (04/15/2010)

By cett

Removing Mildew from Leather
Old Leather Work Boots
Removing Mold and Mildew from Leather
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎉
🎄