Jordan from Seattle, WA
Acetone will remove dang near anything known to man. (03/13/2007)
I mistook nail glue for my eye drops. I put one drop in and immediately started screaming. I flushed with tap water and my own tears. After 1/2 hour my husband took me to the emergency room. The doctor numbed my eye and started to gently peel away the dried glue from my eye. Then I was given an eye flush with saline solution for 45 minutes. I was released from the hospital with an antibiotic eye drop solution that required me to put in two drops in the affected eye every 4 hours and a supply of pain medication. I was seen by an ophthalmologist who made sure all glue residue was removed from the eye and was told that the whole lower half of my cornea was burned. I was instructed to keep using the antibiotic drops until the container was empty and use pain pills only when needed. The second day was much better than the first. There was no pain only a sensation that "something was in my eye" and sunlight sensitivity. The ophthalmologist told me it would take about a week to ten days to heal completely and there should be no permanent eye damage. (07/19/2007)
By Renee G.
Just soak in HOT water for a long time. It really works! (11/02/2007)
I got it on my fingernail, and I had nail varnish on, and the varnish wouldn't come off. So I filled the cap with acetone based nail varnish remover and held it there. Then rubbed at it with tissue. It works. (01/18/2008)
I was putting on fake nails and I got nail glue ALL over my fingers. I used a Q-Tip with nail polish remover to dry all the glue out, then I used canola oil to soften it. It works, but you may need to do this a couple of times before all the glue goes away! (05/16/2008)
I was putting on nails earlier, and my fingers got stuck together. So I ran it under some hot water then it came apart. So when I continued to put them on my leg started hurting so I unfolded my leg and it hurt. I realized I had nail glue all down my leg (that's when I really started to panic).
I tried everything. That's when I got the nail filer and some nail polish remover. I started scrubbing and it was coming right off. I would scrub then rub. It was so amazing I thought I would never get it off of my leg. I was so scared. So if you ever get nail glue anywhere on your body, just get nail filer and some nail polish remover or a wet paper towel. (06/18/2008)
I was putting fake nails on and I had glue on my fingers. So I put Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion on my hands and put it under water that had fizzy stuff in it and it worked. You can also just put on hand lotion and then rinse it off under water scrubbing your fingers. (06/21/2008)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!